the window shakes (annoying)

-

duster wonder

National Guard Member
Reaction score
ok so 73 duster. when my window is rolled down a inch or so everybump shake makes it sound like its going to break..

i messed with the "track" bars that the window slides up and down on..

i also noticed the part that holds on the bottom of the window is what is rattling around is there a way to pinch that together so the window doesnt move? or is the "track" bar not aligned right?

just a silly question maybe someone has a fix

not certian if i am naming the right parts the right way but i dont know how else to explain it other then the window is able to rattle and move on the thingy dingy that holds it ha

got all your weatherstrips and moulding's in place?,...if so, are they dryrotted?

there in pretty good shape but its more of the bottom bracket that holds the window is whats movin around however there are two felt slides that look wore out

ok so 73 duster. when my window is rolled down a inch or so everybump shake makes it sound like its going to break..

i messed with the "track" bars that the window slides up and down on..

i also noticed the part that holds on the bottom of the window is what is rattling around is there a way to pinch that together so the window doesnt move? or is the "track" bar not aligned right?

just a silly question maybe someone has a fix

not certian if i am naming the right parts the right way but i dont know how else to explain it other then the window is able to rattle and move on the thingy dingy that holds it ha
thats friggin hilarious, my 73 duster does the exact same thing! if its any thing below an inch down it rattles and drives me nuts lol. i havent torn my door apart but i am going to and fix that crap. the funny thing is, its just the drivers side. im guessing the regulator or rollers are worn out

thats friggin hilarious, my 73 duster does the exact same thing! if its any thing below an inch down it rattles and drives me nuts lol. i havent torn my door apart but i am going to and fix that crap. the funny thing is, its just the drivers side. im guessing the regulator or rollers are worn out

The window on my '74 rattles too when it's rolled own. All the felts and weatherstriping are in place and in good condition, but it still rattles.

I usually drive around with the windows down & sunroof open, so I don't have to run the A/C.

the part that holds the bottom of the window is supposed to be lined with this sort of cork material. when i was doing auto glass, we would cut the material to fit, then wet it with a mix of diesel fuel and kerosene that we kept in a little cup on the cutting table. it softens the cork stuff so that you can wrap it around the bottom of the glass and then press the metal piece onto the glass, effectively forming a sandwich with the glass in the middle. after that it dries to the form it has taken on the bottom of the glass.
i recently replaced the weatherstripping on my doors and the windows. the old cork stuff on the bottom of the window was all rotted and loose like yours so i just used some small pieces of the dynamat type material (B-quiet brand) and installed it the same as if it was the cork stuff but without any oil. so far so good!
another suggestion that my friend thought of was to just use rubber from an old innertube and use it the same way, no oil.

great tip Pauly , thank you i will remember that when i go to fix mine. that explains why my window rocks forward and aft on the track as well. i have to open the door, and pull the window up to get it to seal .

great tip Pauly , thank you i will remember that when i go to fix mine. that explains why my window rocks forward and aft on the track as well. i have to open the door, and pull the window up to get it to seal .

Same here. My window will catch the upper door/glass seal unless I push out on the glass as I crank the window up.

People at drive-thru's probably think I'm waving at them, when infact I'm just rolling my window up :D

Same here. My window will catch the upper door/glass seal unless I push out on the glass as I crank the window up.

People at drive-thru's probably think I'm waving at them, when infact I'm just rolling my window up :D
lmao, i never thought of that, no wonder i get random waves from people that i thought, think they know me... and here i just thought i was popular !!

lol well at least im not the only one so something rubber is goin in there so i can drive with my window down and be proud

Mine also Rattles a little bit in one area only close to the top , and i have all new felts on mine. If i just move it down a slight bit goes away.

-
Back