Thermoquad and quadrajet adapter

-

cmorrow

Reaction score
Hello All,
Can anyone tell me if the adapter spacers for a quadrajet are the same as a thermojet?
I bought a 1972 340 intake for my 318 and have a Holley 1850-S 600 that would be perfect, but the linkage hits on the left side of the intake and the Holley is a square bore design all the same size and the mounts are wider than the intake mounting holes.
Any help would be great, and pictures so I don't purchase the wrong part.
Thanks,
Chris

Hello All,
Can anyone tell me if the adapter spacers for a quadrajet are the same as a thermojet?
I bought a 1972 340 intake for my 318 and have a Holley 1850-S 600 that would be perfect, but the linkage hits on the left side of the intake and the Holley is a square bore design all the same size and the mounts are wider than the intake mounting holes.
Any help would be great, and pictures so I don't purchase the wrong part.
Thanks,
Chris
ev

Yes ,it will fit.The 600 vacuum secondary, a nice basic carb. If this an automatic trans,make sure you research the transmission linkage angles,or ask help.
A properly set up Thermoqaud,will kick that 600 Holley's ***. (everywhere,low end torque/ top end charge & street ability). It's a pain in the *** to set,once it's done,more reliable than anything aftermarket.

Thank you, I thought they were similar but wanted another's opinion first.. The linkage, I'm sure that will be another issue.....Thanks again.

-
Back