Thermoquad help

-

Darter6

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Question,, What is the maximum fuel pressure a Thermoquad should be run at ?
My smallblock needs a new fuel pump and they vary from 5 to 8 psi depending on vendor.Checking before I buy. Thanks.

I ran mine at 6.5 psi with no problems but that is about max you may run into trouble if the pump puts out 7+

Sounds good to me I'll order the 6 psi max one. Thanks.

I would get the higher output and run a regulator. That way you'll have more control and the pressure will be more steady. JMO.

Thanks RRR, I finally rebuilt the TQ with the kit (you gave the part number to me) and got it on only to find that the pump wasn't keeping up at 3800 and above rpm.I was in a pinch and got a part store replacement pump that works fine for daily driving but just can't cut it at wide open.

Just to let you know, I went to Herb's Parts web site for a pickup tube "sock" 5/16'' price was $14.00. ok,, Shipping charge $18.95 !!!!!! I didn't order one.........

That's ^^^^^ a good idea. I like a fuel filter on the tank side of the pump. Takes the place of the sock and you can actually get to it without dropping the tank.

Just to let you know, I went to Herb's Parts web site for a pickup tube "sock" 5/16'' price was $14.00. ok,, Shipping charge $18.95 !!!!!! I didn't order one.........

Local dealer time!

mderoy340, Funny you should say this, While cruzin' the internet looking for options, I saw a filter/seperator for a marine application at Auto Zone. It was in stock and they even carry the replacement spin on filter. I may go that route.It sure looks like a good piece. Valmar part # 52103 $32.99

mderoy340, Funny you should say this, While cruzin' the internet looking for options, I saw a filter/seperator for a marine application at Auto Zone. It was in stock and they even carry the replacement spin on filter. I may go that route.It sure looks like a good piece. Valmar part # 52103 $32.99

I mount mine up front passenger inner fenderwell (easy access and protected from road debris). After leak checking fittings wrap the filter canister in foil bubble wrap insulation (sold at home depot) to prevent heat soak.

-
Back