-
Status
Not open for further replies.

highwaystar

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Contact seller
I am in need of the adjusting screw that turns the metering rods up and down and the idle screw bracket that mounts on the passenger side. this is a 72 t-Quad. Any metering rods as well.

not a great pix of what i need, but will do better. To adjust the idle, Is there a bracket that mounts to the carb or intake for the screw to come up against. I am looking for that as well. It's on the driver side.

adjust the curb idle at the very top screw, fast idle is the second down long barrel screw. the part you need indicates to me you have a wrong carb base for a 71 or 72 t-quad, the 71/72 340's used a idle solenoid mounted to the intake and that bottom screw set the idle when the solenoid was energized. what is the #'s on the rear base of your carb?

Here are some better pix. It is a 6239s base plate. The idle solonoid you have posted. Is that what i need? What kind of bracket does it mount to? What I have the choke plugged into, does that plug into the idle Slonoid?

You only need that solenoid if you're runnin A/C or other accessories and or emmissions equipment where the engine needs to be idled high. That's actually called an anti dieseling solenoid. It is used to set the idle on emmisions controlled vehicles and vehicles with A/C. It is energized when the key is switched on. While the key is in the on position, the carburetor is raised to the level the solenoid is adjusted to. When the key is switched off, the solenoid falls and allows the throttle blades to close fully, stopping any chance of engine run on from the high idle. That's their only purpose. If you don't have A/C or the need for a high idle, you don't need the solenoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back