Thermoquad ?'s for the experts

-

EL5DEMON340

Reaction score
looking to move away from holleys and just picked up a 6321 t-quad, last night i was checking it out closely, removing casting burrs, ect.. and have a few questions, I noticed on the fuel transfer tubes that are just under the secondar air valves that one tube on the DS has 4 holes, 2 big and 2 smaller holes and the pass side has just 3 holes, 2 big and one slightly smaller is this correct ? Also on my pump well about 3/4's of it looks smooth and fine but about a 1/4 of it towards the front of the carb is just slightly not as smooth with 3 very small pits, is this going to be ok, if not what can i do? Lastly the back of the bowl top is warped by about .008 on the outer egde by the two far bolts will the gasket seal it up or can i use a flat plate with 1000 grit to get it a bit more even. Thanks for any input.

Good score! The holes are different between the 2ndary spray bars for oem fuel distribution. It will work just as well on other intakes too.

It is common for old gas and light corrosion to be in the id of the pump well. To clean it initially, use some penetrating oil such as PB Blast on a rag and wipe down the well id. If needed, use the penetrating oil with a piece of 400 grit wrapped around your index finger and lightly touch up the id. Once the id is smooth, the pits will not hinder the function of the accelerator pump.

For warp-age in the rear upper corners, two ways to address it:

1)use the 'thick' style top bowl gasket,
2)use a product called Seal-All to cover the warped area.

Seal-All is avail at most auto parts stores and with these simple repairs
you will have a really good carb, David.

-
Back