Thermostat Housing for 1966 Dodge Dart GT

-

maldridgeks

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new owner of a 1966 Dodge Dart GT. Car has the 273 charger motor and was an AC car. I'm in the middle of replacing the radiator & having a very difficult time finding an upper radiator hose that fits without kinking. Since AC is not on car, I want to convert to different thermostat housing so I can find a hose that fits. The parts outlets only seem to sell housings for AC cars. Anyone know where I can find the housing that just goes straight up? Like I see on so many other old mopars? Also curious if you also know which upper hose will work once I convert to the straight up housing? Thank you very much!

Photo is of old hose & housing.

IMG_1188.PNG

Buy parts for 67 dart with 273.

The upper hose will be the same AC vs Non AC

Screenshot_20221230-123939.png

Screenshot_20221230-124018.png

Best t-stat gasket you will ever buy.
Screenshot_20221230-124142.png

Be sure to clean out the bolt holes and follow the installation instructions 100% not a drop in 5+ years

Last edited:
The original non-A/C thermostat cover on a 1966 273 did not have a straight up outlet. It went forward at about a 45 degree angle. It was also made of cast iron, not steel or aluminum. If you want to use a stock radiator hose for that year, you need to get the stock cover. PM me if you need/want one. I should have a nice one for sale.

-
Back