Thinking of buying a Street Demon Carb...

-
Can't argue with logic like that!!! Those billions that have been used successfully for 40years should be replaced with Dominators.

Pretty sure a dominator isn't necessarily the answer but I'd always go mechanical secondary's over VS. The logic back in the day was that they were more forgiving, no bog, etc. Well, guess what, properly tuned a mechanical secondary carb will outperform a VS carb all day. You have more driver control to boot. Many carbs have been used successfully. Hell I'd never run a Edelbrock carb again but I ran one successfully for years in the past. Very reliable piece. Not so much on performance though.

Can't argue with logic like that!!! Those billions that have been used successfully for 40years should be replaced with Dominators.

This may be the smartest statement you've ever made. Th Dominator is 100 times the carb that boat anchor 3310 is. I spent the entire 1980's getting 3310's off cars and making them faster.

Like I said, boat anchors.
I have used several that I used for target practice. In fact, I have a 3310 in the shop that was given to me, that is waiting patiently for me to do it the favor of blowing it's brains out all over the range. I also have an early 830 annular booster main body sitting right next to it to receive the same fate.

Both are GARBAGE, and if Holley had any balls, they would publish how junk the carbs are.

EDIT: I would be remiss if I didn't include the piece of ****, junk yard worthless 1850 carb. What a loser. And let's not forget the infamous 450 CFM tunnel ram carb. Junk ****. Seen more people waste more time on junk like this that I can count. All junk.

Damn,all this hate for 3310's..I've run them successfully on 318'340's and 360's..then again I KNOW how to tune a carb:D:D

Nothing wrong with 3310 s. Everybody has their opinion I guess. Don't see as many Dominators on street driven small blocks as someone suggests

I guess it's all about opinion, and application as well.

It actually says that in the HP books How to build a big block Mopar engine

-
Back