This burns my azz

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I buy and sell a fair amount of parts. Their ad states that it’s brand new with all the pieces accounted for and present. But what gets me is when I ask is all the pieces is there and they tell me yes I believe them. Then it gets here and pieces are missing. I contact them and they tell me they sent everything and it must of got opened at the border and they lost whatever’s missing. 1 guy says he packaged it up and took it to the ups store and watched them put it in the freight basket. Then he tells me that he took it to the ups store and watched them package it and send it off. Must of gotten opened and lost at the border. Then I tell him that he shipped to my sister as per my instructions which he agreed to. He emailed her a receipt for the parts. She needs the receipt to bring it across the border cause I need to pay taxes on it. Never gets opened till I get it, sometimes a couple months later. And to my surprise parts are missing. No one has ever made it right. These are brand new parts. Sorry for the long rant. Kim

It's always the good ones this happens to. The assholes never get their comeuppance.

Kim I'd like to come up there and meet you but THEY WON'T LET ME ACROSS THE BORDER!!!! LOL

Shitty Kim, I've had good luck here. 1 broken piece that was refunded and 1 that tried to scam but I outed him here and he gave me my money back.
If and when post their names so we know who not to deal with.

I buy and sell a fair amount of parts. Their ad states that it’s brand new with all the pieces accounted for and present. But what gets me is when I ask is all the pieces is there and they tell me yes I believe them. Then it gets here and pieces are missing. I contact them and they tell me they sent everything and it must of got opened at the border and they lost whatever’s missing. 1 guy says he packaged it up and took it to the ups store and watched them put it in the freight basket. Then he tells me that he took it to the ups store and watched them package it and send it off. Must of gotten opened and lost at the border. Then I tell him that he shipped to my sister as per my instructions which he agreed to. He emailed her a receipt for the parts. She needs the receipt to bring it across the border cause I need to pay taxes on it. Never gets opened till I get it, sometimes a couple months later. And to my surprise parts are missing. No one has ever made it right. These are brand new parts. Sorry for the long rant. Kim
Sorry, Kim
Lots of people just don't give a crap anymore.

I have driven fair distances to look at rust free vehicles that were very bad under the paint and undercoating. But I have had very good luck buying from FABO members.Only twice i purchased parts that were not as advertised or even restorable...file 13.

While disappointed that this isn't a chili pepper thread, it does actually happen. My wife works for the Post Office and has described the mountain of stuff that gets pulled out of packages by machines, or by gravity. They have no way to determine who it goes to unless you call and tell 'em.

This is why, on high-value stuff, I'll make a sticker to put ON the thing with the destination and return addresses, or write it in magic marker if it won't damage it.

A friend of mine shipped some ammo. At each stop in the tracking, you could see the weight getting lighter, and lighter, and lighter. The recipient got an empty box. It must've looked like something out of Hansel and Gretel.

I ain't labeling each round with my address, so I don't blame him.

and in all fairness a seller may not be experienced enough to know that the parts are not restorable or there is a piece missing.

It really sucks when you deal with less than honest people. For the most part, things go pretty good. But while you just got my blood boiling, I figure I would relay what just happen to me. Went thru a lot of trouble taking parts of a car, one item was rocker trim. I purchase PVC and fittings to ship it in( cause I had to get a cost) Than what happens? Guy never reply's again. Yes he has been on here since and yes he was a damn newbie! Sorry didn't mean to clutter up your thread. OK.

No problem Roy. It’s the long time members that got me. U know the ones that u would never think that would screw u. Kim

I have sold a few things to members that have paid f&f and I have paid f&f a few times also. Some deals have been for over a grand and no problems there. Thanks to the great members on this site. Kim

what's really sad is they knew going in that **** was missing but the only way to make a sale was to lie about it. once they got their money they wash their hands of it and tell stories about what may or may not have happened.

Yes, they out and out lied. The two things I hate in life is liars and thieves. They each told me it was all there/ nothing missing, brand new in the box, so the pics they sent were probably off the internet. Kin

I've got a coworker that has a daughter that lives in treherne manitoba. They go back and forth every couple months. Not sure if that's close to anyone.

-
Back