This pay day's dilemma

-
Pay the bills, car parts are secondary.

I am currently on a 60 day furlough from work, so low-earning slips, around 1/3 of month normal pay, it sucks but you have to cut back, instead of steak and shrimp, you eat hamburger. Not eat out burger but the stuff you have to cook.

Wife suggested that I only buy car parts with money I make from selling a few parts, so it takes a little longer to get what I want, instead of right now.

Even with a 1/3 pay I still throw a few bucks in the "nest egg" every month. You never know until you have to use it and a few bucks in the bank gives you a little security.

............But would she be kind enough to buy him a hood?????????..........kim........

don't know, wouldn't hurt to ask. cause she's just my backup purse.
I sure don't miss the lean years.

Pay the bills, car parts are secondary.

I am currently on a 60 day furlough from work, so low-earning slips, around 1/3 of month normal pay, it sucks but you have to cut back, instead of steak and shrimp, you eat hamburger. Not eat out burger but the stuff you have to cook.

Wife suggested that I only buy car parts with money I make from selling a few parts, so it takes a little longer to get what I want, instead of right now.

Even with a 1/3 pay I still throw a few bucks in the "nest egg" every month. You never know until you have to use it and a few bucks in the bank gives you a little security.

I just read this thread for the first time. I'm sure most of you are joking when you say "just buy the hood". At least I hope you are. If not, no wonder why the USA is in such bad financial shape. Buy the hood and screw your bills is a very stupid thing to do. Where's you sense of responsibility. Better yet, buy the hood. You may need it to provide a roof over your head when your utilities are shut off and the bank repossess your house!:violent1::violent1:

don't know, wouldn't hurt to ask. cause she's just my backup purse.
I sure don't miss the lean years.

I sure don't miss the lean years either. I'm by no means 'swimming in it', but it sure is nice to be able to buy a part or a tool when you need it..

Better yet, buy the hood. You may need it to provide a roof over your head when your utilities are shut off and the bank repossess your house!:violent1::violent1:

LMAO...A hood as a roof over your head. That paints quite a picture LOL

I'm pretty sure the OP is kidding...His car is extremely nice and I've seen it in person :)

I'm pretty sure the OP is kidding...His car is extremely nice and I've seen it in person :)

But what's his house look like? ;) he DID say this is a weekly struggle. Maybe most weeks he buys parts and neglects the bills? That'd explain the nice car! :D

But yea, I took it that he was joking and I'm pretty sure all the "buy it" replies (excluding mine of course) were a joke as well... Lol

I am pretty sure the OP is kidding ....I wasn't kidding about eating ramen for a month for a 4 speed but I am also single with no kids and hardly any bills and a job.

if I had a baby or a husband, or a heavy bill load, there is no way I would be dumping money into a car month after month......I would be doing the Donna reed Gig.

but since I made my choices long time ago .....where is that Jegs catalog LOL

well of course it was tongue in cheek - would you take advice on such a thing from "us"?! LOL

You are both right. because I know you clowns(terms of endearment) would give both sides of what to do. I like all your responses even ones that aren't related to this issue. But dammit I'm only on this earth once and I'm tired of paying bills. I don't have a credit card and pay everything cash. I treat people the way that I would want to be treated. Never harmed anyone as a civilian. And survived a plane crash and the 911 twin tower attacks. But when I see some of these Darts here on FABO with real hemi hood scoops I drool. But I also know that the car has to be worthy of donning a hemi Hood.
I called the retailer and asked him if I could pay 1/2 now and 1/2 in a month. "no problem' he replied.
I'll get his business card and name and post it here for you guys.

You are both right. because I know you clowns(terms of endearment) would give both sides of what to do. I like all your responses even ones that aren't related to this issue. But dammit I'm only on this earth once and I'm tired of paying bills. I don't have a credit card and pay everything cash. I treat people the way that I would want to be treated. Never harmed anyone as a civilian. And survived a plane crash and the 911 twin tower attacks. But when I see some of these Darts here on FABO with real hemi hood scoops I drool. But I also know that the car has to be worthy of donning a hemi Hood.
I called the retailer and asked him if I could pay 1/2 now and 1/2 in a month. "no problem' he replied.
I'll get his business card and name and post it here for you guys.

that's the way to handle the finances!!!!
I know how you f eel. sometimes we feel like we just need to give ourselves a little something, instead of 100% working for the "slave" company!!!! I 'd say you solved the whole matter just right!!!

Ok, I tend to take things too literal, too many times. Man, I would love to blow off bills to get my car going with BBP front discs, and the B Body 8 3/4 together and under it. In other words tell them all to go suck on a lemon and let me have my fun before I die. But it will happen, just not on my schedule.

Hey, SoulSurvivor, I just checked out the car in question (assuming you are putting the hood on that very nice 69 Dart) Are you going black out or painting the hood the same color?

I have at times had that same dilemma. I just happened to have a Dad that pounded into me this thing about paying your bills first. Back when I had a house/car payment, I set up a separate bank account. Every payday, I would deposit enough money into that account to make those payments. ( When I got paid weekly 1/4, bi-weekly half ) I also set up an auto payment toward those loans. Besides that, I always kept a rainy day/play money fund. I never spend my change or $1 bills. You might be amazed at how that will grow. I use that for parts, vacation, Christmas, and emergencies, when needed. For me, that usually averages 2-3 thousand a year.

Here is the vendor that was selling the hoods.he also had cowl induction hoods as well and hoods for other Mopars. His web page doesn't have everything but its getting there. FYI...the price for the 4 pin Hemi hood was $300 and I think the one with the hood hinge mounts was $350. They come in an unfinished flat black color so you can't really put it on as as. All of them have to painted. But he did offer to help me align the hood and drill the holes for the 4 pin style. Thats was pretty cool. But what impressed me was how the scoop was integrated with the hood. It was seemless and really nice.

Harold is the president of the company and Hal is the Ops manager.

Hannemann Fiberglass, Inc
1132 W Kirkwall Rd, Azusa, CA 91702
email:p[email protected]
URL: www.hannemannfiberglass.com

-
Back