This thing sounds WICKED

-
Sounds healthy!

Thinking my next motor will be a Gen III. I need to expand my horizons.

I was at Irwindale a few races ago and there was a guy with a b5 dart with a carbed gen 3 hemi in it. Car ran mid/high 5s in the 1/8. Very nice car and very nice guy, I talked with him for a while. Said he had lots and lots of hours in his intake welding and grinding to make it work. Wish I took some pictures as you could see how heavily cut/welded it was.

Think at one point someone made a chip killer with a front mounted distributor. Kinda cool.

Think at one point someone made a chip killer with a front mounted distributor. Kinda cool.
I have seen a couple places making a timing cover type thing to put on them where you can run a distributor...they are kinda pricey..

Why are they all such turds N/A then? LOL
Just shy of 500hp, with a 5.7L, naturally aspirated, with a mild 223 duration cam is most definitely not turd territory.

If you're speechless, it's the correct reaction. I'm blown away!

Last edited:
what a pleasant surprise lol! been awhile since i've been on and when i do i see a video of my car. thanks!!!

what a pleasant surprise lol! been awhile since i've been on and when i do i see a video of my car. thanks!!!
Do you have a build thread here? Would like to know more anout it! Thanks for stopping in!!

If that's indeed your car.... Man it's awesome. Can you share more pics or vids here? Maybe from the other end? I'm a rear end kind guy :D

pic of it just before pulling tunnel ram off and going to dominator

back yard dart.jpg

6.4 block with thitek heads. 11 to 1 compression. 4.00 stroke with 4.10 bore giving it 422 cubic inch. comp 256/266 @ .050 with .613 lift. 727 with 5800 converter and 4.10 dana. best so far is the single outing with the dominator 10.13 @ 132 and a 1.39 60'. still shows at least one jet size to rich :)

6.4 block with thitek heads. 11 to 1 compression. 4.00 stroke with 4.10 bore giving it 422 cubic inch. comp 256/266 @ .050 with .613 lift. 727 with 5800 converter and 4.10 dana. best so far is the single outing with the dominator 10.13 @ 132 and a 1.39 60'. still shows at least one jet size to rich :)
If I could ask, what valvetrain?

-
Back