Those Were The Days

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Wish I was old enough back then to have one of these for this price......

Attachments

• BBhOcUk.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 187
You would still need enough to buy gas and insure it. If I remember correctly here in Canada, wages were about 2 bucks an hour.

You would still need enough to buy gas and insure it. If I remember correctly here in Canada, wages were about 2 bucks an hour.

There is a lot of things from back in the day that seemed like a great deal today.

In 1963 my parents built a new house, 3 bedroom 2 bath tri level with lot, house and paved drive it was about $19,000. We didn't have a fireplace because dad said it would have cost an extra $5 per month on the mortgage with was $97

The new 1964 Dodge Polara 2 door hardtop and the payment was $63 for 3 years

A lot of money for even a guy working at Chrysler with wife and 4 kids to raise

Everyone see's how much a Hemi was in the late 60's & 70's about $800 and think why wasn't more sold, that was 25% above of the cost of the vehicle

60's money seems cheap today but in 1976 I started at Chrysler Electrical Plant in Indy making $4.89 an hour and my new fully loaded 77 Aspen list for $6,900 and bought it for $6,300

I paid $2800 for my brand new 67 383 GTS in May 1967

Everything floats to level. According to SS website, average annual income, was $4658.72. Almost half a years wages.

Everything floats to level. According to SS website, average annual income, was $4658.72. Almost half a years wages.

Yeah I remember those days... At today's prices that would be a $40,000 car. In 1965 I was earning $1.25 per hour. Could not have afforded that Hemi car back then. Always nice to dream though.

-
Back