Those with power brakes(front disc/rear drum)

-

340Dust-her

Reaction score
I have a 1971 duster which originally came with 4 wheel drums. Front 9". I'm in the process of Converting the front to disc from performance online. I'm also getting their booster/master cylinder(http://www.performanceonline.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=19530&cat=291&page=1)
I will keep the rear drums for the time being. Do I have to change the stock combination valve? The kit includes risidual valves(I'm guessing if I convert to rear disc). Do I have to install them if I'm keeping rear drums?

340dusther,If you just use the master cly in the picture,it will seem like your car has power brakes without using that heavy booster.I had that same booster on one of my cars and every time you stepped on the brake it just about put you threw the front windshield.Which got really old after a while.You can get that master cly for cheap on line at( rock auto .com). Key in a dodge mini van its the same one.You will need the 2 to 4 bolt adapter and the push rod and you are good to go for probably 60 or 70 bucks.

-
Back