thread removed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
who writes stupid *** articles like that.. i'm sure anyone buying one knows all that crap going in. what a waste of space that article is.

If you read the comments after it was meant as a joke.

Can you get snow tires in that size??

Might not be able to get snow tires. I guess you would just have to run snow chains!

I stopped by my dealer Monday to ask some questions about the Hellcat. They said production is currently on hold due to issues such as too much body flex cracking the sunroofs. They said if I got my order in now I could likely expect delivery some time next spring. They said 2 were currently ordered at this dealer.

Hell, I don't and won't hate you, I will just feel sorry for you..for that kind of dough, I would buy a minty '69 charger r/t...probably the sexiest car on the road...it will continue to go up in value and sadly, if you don't destroy the hellcat, it's value will be going down....

I'll wait for the "free tires for life" sales promotion. See, I can be as silly as the next guy.
At 57 years old I've never seen a Corvette wearing snow chains.
A hobby car should never be ones only transportation.
In my mind the best way to justify owning the Challenger is offset it with a Prius or Volt.

When talking to friends and family about the car these are some of the reasons I hear as to why it's a bad idea.

Of course, those who say this have no clue as to why anyone would want a specialty car as most of them own daily grocery getters, never drive over the speed limit, and think that if it's not practical, it's useless.

I was offered first refusal on a friend's '71 Challenger convertible on my fair offer. Not enough assets on hand at this time to make what I would consider to be fair. Had a family member ask me why I would want to buy it anyway, since it would be impractical in the snow, etc, etc. He was virtually blown away when I told him it wouldn't be driven in the snow.

The person who wrote that, needs to put their big-girl panties on, and go write about a new Prius.

#8 reason is that it only has 2 doors.

Can't get my family of 5 into that thing so were out.

What? They have a Hellcat Charger on the horizon? I'm listening.

Patrick Rall wrote on 2014, September 17 - 18:01 I am both amused and disappointed at how many people dont catch the sarcasm of this piece. Perhaps I should have added #sarcasm to the very end.

Bio Patrick Rall is a professional writer and photographer with a passion for all things automotive. Having grown up in his father’s performance shop, he spent extensive time at the oval track and drag strip – both driving and wrenching on various types of vehicles. In addition to working as a writer, Patrick previously worked as an automotive technician before moving on to a business office position with a chain of dealerships, and this broad spectrum of experience in the industry allows him to offer a unique look on the automotive world. - See more at: http://www.torquenews.com/users/patrick-rall#sthash.eUn8FS6H.dpuf

I'm still trying to figure out how anybody would not think he was being sarcastic.
:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

Jack

What? They have a Hellcat Charger on the horizon? I'm listening....
Listen up!
attachment.php

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=292233

guys, seems some didn't GET the article. There's no seriousness to it. I thought it was a good article. It still proves this car is not for just anyone, except someone who can afford, the fuel, maintenance and the insurance(which is surely going to be expensive).

Would I buy one, probably not, unless I had that kind of extra cash freely available. Hence, why most people see this as a non practical purchase. Another reason they only make so many.

Those were the same reasons they used back in '69 for not buying a Hemi Daytona 4 speed with the super track pack.
And why not many '71 Hemi 'Cuda convertibles were built........

Just another car I'll pass as some old rich guy chugs and lugs along at 45mph in while his wife follow him with Bennie babies on the dash of her GT500.

Just thought it was funny guys and my dad and I don't really care if the car depreciates or not, its simply another toy to ad to our collection. This will make 10 different Hemi cars in my dads garage and at least he can enjoy himself as he gets older. He doesn't enjoy driving is old school Hemi cars around town unless its to a show or nostalgia drag race. Anyways We all see the sarcasm and found it funny and wanted to share it with the sensible members to get a laugh that's all. Will consider every thread I start if any in the future lol. And news flash when we ordered our Hellcat we opted to have the sun roof deleted at extra cost and have the chassis stiffening plans In the make as we speak. Should not be twisting anymore when finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back