throttle not closing all the way

-
thanks for all the input guys

this is where im at

i felt like the throttle cable was not pulling smoothly through the outer sheath so i replaced the inner cable with a new one (covered in graphite powder of course)
i checked the air cleaner clearance, plenty of room there
checked the throttle blades, they were in place and snug (also, no sign of binding down the throats)

the engine was build by MRL so i am sure the throttle arm bracket is correct

the kickdown is a lokar cable, so no binding there

i put a little bit more tension on the return springs, but they looked good, to be honest

i took her out for a test drive but the second or third time i got on it, the throttle cable end popped off, so no more updates untill i buy a new one of those

That's not supposed to happen. It kindof points to the pedal and throttle arm not being synchronized. and that when you floor it you may be overstressing the throttle shaft. Usually this happens when the carb does not have a Mopar adapter on it, or the anchor bracket is too far away from the throttle arm. I know you said you believed MRL had the right parts on there, so I'll shut up now.

Linkage bind or I have seen throttle plate shaft actually move side to side on aftermarket equipment.

Show us a few pics of the set up at the carb. Kim

Sorry, took me a while to find the proper set screw to get it back on (I know, that is not the proper screw in the picture BUT it is the proper pitch)

I think I have found out the problem, too many too sharp kinks in the throttle cable
I found when I let of the pedal, the inter cable pops out the pedal, and hangs the throttle open...for the time being I'll find a way to keep it in place

So I would love to see some pictures of you guys v8 throttle cables

20170822_105922.jpg

20170822_105916.jpg

20170822_105903.jpg

Does that outer return spring rub on the secondary linkage between idle and WOT?
Give me a few hours to get back home, and I'll check
But I don't think so...the problem is at near idle, letting off the gas the RPMs just don't drop as they should

ok, i replaced the entire cable with a longer one, that loops over top of the valve cover now

i havent had a change to drive it yet, but it seems to be better
pedal operation is much smoother and it seem to return to proper idle again

ill report back after i get a change to drive it tomorrow

-
Back