Not open for further replies.

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Contact seller
Throttle pressure linkage. I need the complete linkage that goes from the carb to the tranny. brackets included. 440/727 combo with a 4 bbl Edelbrock carb. I may have some of the pieces but don't want to take a chance on not having what I need. thanks,Bill

I guess another name for it is kickdown linkage.

managed to get the Lokar throttle cable and kickdown in and hooked up like it stated and the up shift on it right now is that it shifts at 25 MPH and at 55 MPH. when decelerates, it down shifts at 25 MPH. is that going to hurt it going into high at 55MPH. I just have to cut the cable when I get it right and it is finished. it definitely runs a little different than it did.

Attachments

• DSC07308.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 99
Ok, here's why I avoid those set-ups. The ratio...or distance from the center of the throttle shaft to the mounting point needs to be exactly the same as that of the throttle cable for the system to function as it should.
Not only does the distance need to be the same, but the plane they are working from needs to be the same. It has to be an exact one to one relationship and timed so that full throttle and full kickdown are achieved at the same time.
There's also an issue with returning the kickdown arm to its resting position when the throttle is closed or barely open. The factory kickdown set-ups all use a spring somewhere in the system to keep the linkage in contact with the throttle arm on the carb. It needs to follow the throttle movement in both directions for it to work right.
The cable set-ups are a quick Band-Aid...and by the time you get them all sorted, they start to fray and get funky anyway. Think about it...Chrysler had all sorts of cables back then...they chose to use a heavier, more complicated and expensive to produce mechanical linkage, why???

it will work when I get it tweeked. will not necessarily be as good as factory but when no one has factory parts anymore, you do what you have to.

it will work when I get it tweeked. will not necessarily be as good as factory but when no one has factory parts anymore, you do what you have to.

I have factory parts up the ying-ying, but the carb/manifold set-up you have is not factory. If you had been a little less impatient, I could have gotten you hooked up with a mechanical system that would have worked properly for less than what that set-up cost.
We'll try it again in 5000 miles when that gizmo has self destructed.

since you brought it up , it had nothing to do with me being impatient. the problem was when you acted like it would be putting you out to drive across town to take a picture of what you had to match what pieces I may of had. pieces I knew nothing about because the car didn't have any of the pieces it needed on it. if you had looked in the wanted section you would have seen that I needed this and would have contacted me instead of me contacting you through a link provided by someone else. I have noticed that you rarely post a pic of any parts you sell and I didn't want to put you out on this one. and we will not try it again in 5000 miles because I haven't put 5000 miles on it in 14 years yet and in 14 years from now I will be dead. I still have not seen a pic of the linkage you say you have that fits this or a price. Thanks Tony.

since you brought it up , it had nothing to do with me being impatient. the problem was when you acted like it would be putting you out to drive across town to take a picture of what you had to match what pieces I may of had. pieces I knew nothing about because the car didn't have any of the pieces it needed on it. if you had looked in the wanted section you would have seen that I needed this and would have contacted me instead of me contacting you through a link provided by someone else. I have noticed that you rarely post a pic of any parts you sell and I didn't want to put you out on this one. and we will not try it again in 5000 miles because I haven't put 5000 miles on it in 14 years yet and in 14 years from now I will be dead. I still have not seen a pic of the linkage you say you have that fits this or a price. Thanks Tony.

Ok, in one breath you just told me you wanted a pic of what I had, and in the next, you admitted that you did not know what you were looking at. I have at least 50 various bits of kickdown linkage here. If I sent you pics of each and every one of them, would it have helped you understand how the system works and which parts interchange with eachother? Rather, I asked you to send me a pic of what you had, so that I could fill in the blanks and make a system for you.. the total cost would have been around $60... At that point you decided to go with that cable deal.

if you had asked me what intake I had or to send you a pic of it, I would have gone with the setup you may have had. But you stated that you could have mocked up a bracket to work with what you had. you didn't have the bracket. I didn't want to put a mocked up bracket on my car. I attend too many car shows to do that. I think the Lokar I put on there looks the best and it works. not a problem.

just tweeked the adjustment and now it is up shifting at about 20 and 40 MPH. I think that is where I will leave it.

When I said "mocked up" I meant that I would take a B Block and heads, similar intake and similar carb to what you have and mock up a facsimile of your engine so that I could send you a linkage combination that would work without you having to fool with it.Oh well, mis-understanding I guess. Good luck with whatya go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back