Thrust Plate / Tensioner

-

earlymopar

Reaction score
I've read several threads on a variety of thrust plate designs & thrust plate bolt arrangements used. I have the Mopar plate shown below that comes with 3 regular bolts (without oiling holes) and has an integrated oiling tab. I know that Cloyes makes an identical plate. I'm assuming that this plate is designed to oil via the slot on the back side that allows oil puddle in the hole and then run down the plate to the oiling tab. Is this correct?

Thanks,

- EM

Tensioner1.png

Tensioner2.JPG

I've read several threads on a variety of thrust plate designs & thrust plate bolt arrangements used. I have the Mopar plate shown below that comes with 3 regular bolts (without oiling holes) and has an integrated oiling tab. I know that Cloyes makes an identical plate. I'm assuming that this plate is designed to oil via the slot on the back side that allows oil puddle in the hole and then run down the plate to the oiling tab. Is this correct?

Thanks,

- EM

View attachment 1715568891
View attachment 1715568893
I put a tensioner on my 273 when I built it. With a quality double roller you don't need it.

Cant miss with a tensioner. Even double rollers can benefit. Whose ever replaced a double roller.....

-
Back