Tie Rod ends

-

Gator

Mopar or No Car
Reaction score
Ok guys Question: I have to replace both inner and Outer tie rods on the passenger side on my 340 and would like to know if both are right hand threads or is the inner tie rod left hand and the outter tie rod right hand threads or visa versa. The person at Auto Zone was confused when looking them up as one listing said both are right and then the other listing said left and right...

If you’re doing inner and outer you can take this chance to upgrade to the bigger c-body tie rods. 11/16 compared to 9/16, IIRC if that’s something you’re into.

Theoretically doesnt matter as long as the threads are opposite to each other and sleeves thread on properly.
Yes, that’s true, but in 50 years they could have been taken off a few times or replaced and the inner and outer are swapped end for end. He will know when he removes them which end is where. Kim

Yep my 69 Sport Satellites previous owner did the same thing....had me confused for a bit lol.
Yes, that’s true, but in 50 years they could have been taken off a few times or replaced and the inner and outer are swapped end for end. He will know when he removes them which end is where. Kim

-
Back