Tilting front seat

-

DdgeDartboi

the beast
Reaction score
ok guys i know this is a little odd of a question but i was wondering if anyone knew how to make the front bench seat tilt...... i pulled the seat out of a 4door and i unscrewed a little bolt that was in the hinge and it went forward about an inch or so but its catching on something i was just wondering if there was any way to tilt that seat forward.... how i can rig it to tilt or if my backseat passengers for now will have to crawl through the center lol :wack: .... thanks and i hope one of you can help me

sounds like you need a 2 door seat. :silent:

I looked at a 2 door Valiant for sale a couple years ago;
The previous owner installed 2 front seats from a 4 door foreign car.

Very comfy, but they only tilted back, not forward;
how would you use the rear seat for groceries etc??

:wack:

I did this- twice- I have a set of buckets from a 74 valiant brougham 4 door, and they use the same hinge setup as my 74 swinger bench. The only difference is instead of a moving latch they install a solid piece to hold the seat solid. So you need the entire latch setup (spring, cover handle, ect.) from a 2 door seat frame. Now for the darts I've run into 2 different styles of seat hinges, on both 2 & 4 doors. I can take some pics if you need. This only helps you though if your talking dart seats though. let me know what your working with and I'll see if I can help you.

-
Back