Time to get started.

-
Any idea what you are going to run for exhaust? Will you run true dual pipes? I think it would be cool to run them from the manifold to a y-pipe, then to one bigger single exhaust pipe, I bet it would sound tuff! What kind of mufflers?
This engine will be dual 2 1/4 dual pipes past the trans and to a good muffler for some back pressure with a single 2 1/2 tail pipe I think.
Then with the next head being built by 66aCUDA I will put a better flow muffler on for the bigger valves and mild rv camshaft if I need too.

C'mon Memike, a lil bigger cam is always a good idea! :-D
Ain't that the truth :thumbrig::drinkers:
I got out and visited our local salvage yard and picked up a pair of flanges :cheers: $8.00 :-D
And stopped by and seen my friends at NAPA for a couple things Nut's and carp gasket and sealer for the 390 and had dinner, lunch with my darl'in :love7:

And stopped by the muffler shop and had a pair of drop pipes made.
I am tie rode 8) and its getting dark 8) so a little at a time 8)

You know I have new batteries in my camera :-D
Know to get me a young gun to cut the pipe so I can get the flanges off tomorrow :cheers:

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 065.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 064.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 061.jpg

I took a day outside and got out of the house and back on the breather system :happy10: It was way to nice out side so I doubled up and enjoyed getting something dun on Victoria
Getting closer pictures 8)

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 082.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 083.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 085.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 092.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 093.jpg

Location, location, location :cheers: It's time for a cold to go with the music one:rock::drinkers::drinkers:

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 096.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 097.jpg

Sorry must have missed, is the battery going in the back?:read2:
Yes it's 64dart170 :happy10: it's going in the truck passenger side. Cool fresh air breather system from a 4.0 93 Jeep.

Great work Mike. Keep it up. 8)

Thank you swedefish :cheers: I am glad you approve :happy10:
I got it installed today :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
I hope she enjoys the cool fresh air :love7:

I will just let some pictures do the talking while I get cleaned up :happy7::drinkers:

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 099.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 100.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 101.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 104.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 105.jpg

Well done Mike! That's a sweet installation!

What a great eye you have. I never would have thought of that in a million years and looks like it's supposed to be there.

Well done Mike! That's a sweet installation!

What a great eye you have. I never would have thought of that in a million years and looks like it's supposed to be there.
When you started taking the 4.0 out of your jeep it hit me:sign7: If I remember right that breather system was built just right for my transplant :-k
Thank you for the pictures and measurements :cheers: I am very happy with the cool fresh air system 8) I think Victoria will enjoy a K&N filter to breath some cool air and not breath the hot air under the hood.
I am sure this is not for everyone but I am weird that way :-D

I spent some time last night with my honey, sweet hart, the wife, witch ever is correct :love7::-D
Don't ask who collected a 20 dolor bill :angry7:#-o:rock::glasses8:
We had a great time in our Poker faces :-D

I had to do a practice run and see my steps 8)

First picture was a good night :drinkers::angel9::worthles: away from everything

Am I crazy !!!!!

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 106.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 116.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 109.jpg

Hi MeMike,you gotta lose that gooey box dripping crap all down your inner fender!It,s ruining the look of your great swap!Just my 2 cents!LOL:poke::puke:

Hi MeMike,you gotta lose that gooey box dripping crap all down your inner fender!It,s ruining the look of your great swap!Just my 2 cents!LOL:poke::puke:

:-D I leave that there just to bug the $h!!! out of you :-D
Yes I agree :-D I should have thrown a blanket over it :-D:-D

Mike, what is that round thing next to your air box? Overflow or cool can?

It's a cool can sedan :happy10: that rhymes :-D
I just set it there to see if it gets in the way , Not sure if I will use it 8)
Is that your cool can I see in your post 8)8)

yes, vintage can from my friends 69 Bee
Very nice install =P~ As you know my alternator is in the way on the passenger side. I know for a fact they work and help get ya down the track :cheers:, Allot of young guns have never seen one or used one.
Some times all you need is a little cold gas =P~

Here is a post for pettybludart that told me to get the cables run to the battery :toothy7:

Moving to the rear this week end bud, I am moving along a little at a time :blackeye:

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 130.jpg

This is looking great memike. You and 64dart170 have givin me some great inspiration latley. Which was the reason I sign on to this great site.:toothy7:

Keep up the good work. :hippy2:

I spent some time last night with my honey, sweet hart, the wife, witch ever is correct :love7::-D
Don't ask who collected a 20 dolor bill :angry7:#-o:rock::glasses8:
We had a great time in our Poker faces :-D

I had to do a practice run and see my steps 8)

First picture was a good night :drinkers::angel9::worthles: away from everything

Am I crazy !!!!!

You're crazy like a fox,Mike.Thought I would stop by and see how your project is coming.Looking real good.The weather holding up helps too.Keep givin er.Now,did you want 2 cards or three?:toothy7:

This is looking great memike. You and 64dart170 have givin me some great inspiration latley. Which was the reason I sign on to this great site.:toothy7:

Keep up the good work. :hippy2:
Thank you my Monday night football friend :wave::thumbrig: I need to jump over and look at your restoration thread, I know what ya mean, it sure is great to have folks cheering you on here at this great site.

You're crazy like a fox,Mike.Thought I would stop by and see how your project is coming.Looking real good.The weather holding up helps too.Keep givin er.Now,did you want 2 cards or three?:toothy7:
Texas Holdem DRENO, I had her at one time then I went all in and she had a set of 9 :angry3:eek:ver my pair of Aces :toothy7: We had a great time together as I enjoyed a couple cold ones alone with my girl :love4:
Thank you for checking in and approving of my transplanted fresh air breather that Victoria will appreciate, it sure get hot under these / hoods.

Waggin sure did a good job painting these before he sent them
Time to fire up the grill and bring them up to temp slowly

Know to let them cool SLOWLY and get the lacquer thinner out 8)

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 131.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 133.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 134.jpg

Nice, I never would have thought about using a grill for stuff like that. Looks good Mike.

-
Back