Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
JK

HF

Me an AH

Get it?

Fun on Friday!

Mop

Sorry if I hurt your feelings....me and my freinds....we are pretty nasty with each other but its sooooooo funny.

5.7, 6.1, 6.3,4,5 .../next gen rules!

Having fun...... F me for being an a-hole if that's what you believe.....if you dealt with me in person you would be laughing out loud.....I promise.:-D

Im looking to buld a front k-frame for my duster. I want to use a 6.1 hemi. I like the alterkation but I cant fork out that much at this time. Im wondering what kind of shocks dose the alterkation use? Also has anyone ever saw the lower A-arms any were? Also what are the best ways to hook a 4-speed 833 to it?
What ecu and harness should be used? sorry dont mean to hi-jack the thread thanks for your time

Kidding and having fun...if you are to post it or it sounds like your just being a jerk.

JK= just kidding.

HF = having fun

AH = asshole

I get it, you are an AH, I was JK, and I thought we were HF. Maybe we should just stick to the topic at hand. HF

Your not going to believe this, but that Charlies pan does not fit any better than the Milodon WTF!

100_1786.jpg

100_1787.jpg

On the upside, my manifolds, rad, and alt fit great, I think I'm going to try and find the same pan as Gdemon, and send this thing back.
100_1779.jpg

100_1778.jpg

100_1782.jpg

100_1777.jpg

Im looking to buld a front k-frame for my duster. I want to use a 6.1 hemi. I like the alterkation but I cant fork out that much at this time. Im wondering what kind of shocks dose the alterkation use? Also has anyone ever saw the lower A-arms any were? Also what are the best ways to hook a 4-speed 833 to it?
What ecu and harness should be used? sorry dont mean to hi-jack the thread thanks for your time

Sag, The AK uses QA1 Coilovers shocks, maybe Bill at RMS would sell you the lower a-arms (wouldn't hurt to ask). The ECU and harness you can get from Street & Performance or Hotwire, and I have no idea how to hook up a 833, maybe someone else can help you. Good luck..

ok thanks alot i love what you have done with your car :read2: cant wait to get mine there

Tin, just thinking out loud here, but do you have the engine to far foward and too low? Maybe my eye is not seeing clearly, but the distance from the water pump to the back of the fan seems awfully close, is that 2-3 inches? How much clearence between the rack and pan, 1/4 inch or so? Does the pan sit on top of the rack? Can the engine sit a tad higher? Do you have about 3-6 degrees down at the back of the engine, that would kick the front up a tad? Like I said my 1 eye has trouble seeing things in pictures versus in the flesh so to speak.

Tin, just thinking out loud here, but do you have the engine to far foward and too low? Maybe my eye is not seeing clearly, but the distance from the water pump to the back of the fan seems awfully close, is that 2-3 inches? How much clearence between the rack and pan, 1/4 inch or so? Does the pan sit on top of the rack? Can the engine sit a tad higher? Do you have about 3-6 degrees down at the back of the engine, that would kick the front up a tad? Like I said my 1 eye has trouble seeing things in pictures versus in the flesh so to speak.

5.7, The engine location is determined by the AlterK. It cannot go back any further otherwise it will hit the firewall. The pan is resting on the rack (without a gasket). I don't have an angle finder, but the engine is at least 3 degrees down. I really don't want to raise the engine any because I have tunnel issues with the trans. As it is now, I'm going to have to cut the firewall up another couple inches, any more and I'll have to take out the heater.

Can the rack be lowered? I've seen bushings that can do this, so I thought I would ask.

Bummer........that rack could probably go down by cutting off the brackets and "adjusting" them down. Did that with mine but moved it up. My pan is different that the Charlie's one you have.....I am gonna get a pic of it to see

That's a big whack out of the motor mount to get that manifold (header) in there. It still looks like it will do the trick.

Added pic....my pan looks a lot shallower than the Charlie's one. http://www.weldtechstainless.com/

SANY1379.JPG

SANY1380.JPG

SANY1378.JPG

Can the rack be lowered? I've seen bushings that can do this, so I thought I would ask.

Bummer........that rack could probably go down by cutting off the brackets and "adjusting" them down. Did that with mine but moved it up. My pan is different that the Charlie's one you have.....I am gonna get a pic of it to see

That's a big whack out of the motor mount to get that manifold (header) in there. It still looks like it will do the trick.

Added pic....my pan looks a lot shallower than the Charlie's one. http://www.weldtechstainless.com/

I suppose moving it down could work, but I am still not happy with the Charlies pan. I would like to find the Mp pan Gdemon has, I'm going to keep looking.

I just ordered this one, you know what they say, Third time's the charm.

ctr-13-980a_w.jpg

Your a glutten for punishment,lol. If that pan doesn't worklet me know, I'll be on the next flight to gently persuade it with the BFH.LOL!

Your a glutten for punishment,lol. If that pan doesn't worklet me know, I'll be on the next flight to gently persuade it with the BFH.LOL!

If this one dosen't work, I'll get out the BFH myself!

Aint that amazing what a Unibit can do. After all that hazzle and waiting that is what you get. Oh lord it is amazing things that people would do, not to do the right thing. I bet they could have given you a new one and sold the one that they enlarged the holes to someone else and they would have never known it and kept you happy and no one else would have known about it. That is why I mentioned before, that reputation is something that is big and one must keep it to continue in this type of business. Now we need to see the pan installed.

Tin, if this next pan wont do it, I have the factory truck pan and tube, if you wnat it, it's yours, my donation to you.

Aint that amazing what a Unibit can do. After all that hazzle and waiting that is what you get. Oh lord it is amazing things that people would do, not to do the right thing. I bet they could have given you a new one and sold the one that they enlarged the holes to someone else and they would have never known it and kept you happy and no one else would have known about it. That is why I mentioned before, that reputation is something that is big and one must keep it to continue in this type of business. Now we need to see the pan installed.

It takes years to build a reputation, and only minutes to ruin it. Your absolutly right, they could have fixed it properly by welding the holes ( hell, they weld aluminum for a living ) and redrilling. Anyway, I knew going into a project like this that there would be some parts that don't fit right, and some vendors that are less than perfect, it's just all part of the process. I had fully prepaired myself for ordering a few pieces that may need to be returned (that's why I like Summit, no hassle). Luckily, I'm not in any hurry, and I'll do whatever it take to make it "Right".

Tin, if this next pan wont do it, I have the factory truck pan and tube, if you wnat it, it's yours, my donation to you.

Thanks, 5.7 hopefully it won't come to that. But when you think about it, I could have had the pan and pickup shortened ( because they hang too low) and had a cheap solution. Why didn't you mention that 2 days ago?? JK If this one hits, I just might take you up on that. Thanks

Is it possible to weld on that pan? It is a laminate steel pan. I was thinking of altering one also but wasnt sure about welding that type of steel.

Is it possible to weld on that pan? It is a laminate steel pan. I was thinking of altering one also but wasnt sure about welding that type of steel.
When you say a "laminate" pan, is it made up of more than 1 layer of steel?

Yes with some type of material between the layers. Sometimes the call it quite steel. Someone told me the use it to help reduce engine noise in newer vehicles.

-
Back