tire size problems

-

glhx

Reaction score
I recently bought a set of steel wheels for my 69 dodge dart. I did a disc brake conversion from a 73 duster. The wheels have 195/70/14 on them. they do not rub the fender wells and they fit fine. These rims will not accept dog dish hub caps (hub caps are too small) and the tires dont fill the fenders very well. They look really small. What are these rims from.

I wanted the dog dish stock steel wheel look. I had a set steel wheels laying around that i got from 68 fury. They look deeper than the new set i just got described above . the dog dishes go on them ok and the thin slots at the top look longer. wheels fit fine. They look way better than the rims i described above. These have old e 78 14 tires on them. they fill the fender wells great but they hit the fender on the passenger side (alot). the tire will overcome the fender but will cut the tire up really quick. They look great and i want to use the radial equivalent of them but i dont want it to hit. I can send pics of my wheel problems and it will be easier to see than to describe. I have always had problems getting big tires on the passenger side front of this car. The body was checked and the suspension aligned. i see pics of big wheels on these cars all the time. They rub on the front of the fender only on this side.

It also seems like the 68 fury set i have rub some on the disc brakes. just barely. is this normal. they are from a drum all the way around car.

Where can i get 2 more of these wheels to match my 68 set. Or find some matching 14s that will work with my brakes. What am i even looking for. So far they all look the same. does anyone know exactly what i need. i already bought the wrong wheels once.

They hit on the pass side front or rear? and only on the pass side? If it is the front I don;t know what it could be. If it is the rear mabby the rear end is not centered in the car. Pic's would help a lot. Could try rolling the fender lips if it is hiting the rear lips.

this is the front wheels. the front of the tire rubs the back of the fender opening only when i turn the wheel to the left. then rubs again when i turn it back to straight. with the old stock wheels, 14 inch with big bolt lug pattern, what is the biggest tire i should be able to run with that set up.

78 Series tires are really tall. You might want to try some 60 series tires.
I have 245/60/14s on mine. I should have put 235/60s on it instead. The 245s are really too wide for the stock rallye wheels.

-
Back