Tire width under 72 Dart!Again!

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
yo!
i still need to get new tires as u all know i really want BFG's 255/60X15,but i still dont know if thell fit!as u all know i hav a few probs with what i hav now pics to remind u all of the prob http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/451310/6 i hav now Dunlop G/T Qualifiers L-60X15,ya well there to big as u can see,can u guys tell me the metric convertion for them?I was told somewhere on the net that it was the same in relation to th 275/60X15 is this true?Also on Mickey thompsons site im lookin at Mickey Thompson® Indy Profile™ and one of the sizes is L-60X14 an the metric convesion is 295/60-14 http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/street.html now i dont know if there tire is the same as mine in the end but if ya look at the tread pat. u can see theat my tire is the lost twin of the mickey T,now i dont know if Mickey T bought Dunlop out or not what ever,Anyways the the sizes look to be obout wright with my tire but i cant tell,if my tire is L-60X15 and Mickey T says that there tire,like mine, is a 295/60X15 in metric,could i get away with running 255/60X15?Thats all i want is that tire size im not to sure what the specs of my rim are Adam (Fastback) has the same size as me i belive,in the pics u can see that i dont need to much more room to get them to work if my tire didnt hav such a big side wall width theyd work look at my pics closely,i hav jobs of spring room i just need to fix the 1/4 prob with the side wall,i dont want to hav to rely on my ari shocks to keep my tires from blowin out!Help me out guys i need to get this crap over with an out of my way so when my car starts up in a few weeks i can go out an kick some more Chebby ***!Thanks again guys
MIKE :afro:

I would start by having the old tires taken off the rim and measure them to make sure of there size. They look just like my 15X8.5"s wich have almost 5" of backspacing and nearly scrape the springs on the inside of the tire with my 255s. For awhile I ran a 235-70-15 that fit really well.

-
Back