To go orig. colors, or not to go orig. colors. That is the question

-
You say that you have all the documentation from when it was new so you can restore it back to as built. If you deviate from that then the documentation is worthless. You have a rare car with an unusual color combination. Keep it all original and if you take the car to shows it will stand out because it is different. I have been to many shows and to use an example. I have seen a 1970 Dodge Challenger equipped with a hemi, pistol grip, and plum crazy with a black vinyl top. The car alone looks great. Now take it to a show and park it next to four or five others that look identical and all of a sudden it isn't very special. Your car is special as it was built, leave it that way. There are plenty of A-bodies available for sale cheap that are nothing special. Get one of those and build it the way you would have ordered it new.

You say that you have all the documentation from when it was new so you can restore it back to as built. If you deviate from that then the documentation is worthless. You have a rare car with an unusual color combination. Keep it all original and if you take the car to shows it will stand out because it is different. I have been to many shows and to use an example. I have seen a 1970 Dodge Challenger equipped with a hemi, pistol grip, and plum crazy with a black vinyl top. The car alone looks great. Now take it to a show and park it next to four or five others that look identical and all of a sudden it isn't very special. Your car is special as it was built, leave it that way. There are plenty of A-bodies available for sale cheap that are nothing special. Get one of those and build it the way you would have ordered it new.

Jeremy I agree with keeping it stock and what the original owner ordered. With a decent paint job even in the factory color that car would be sweet.

What is wrong with High Impact paint...esp if it came that way?

DSCN0828.jpg

Well, after pulling the dart apart today for inspection, inhave decided that it is to far gone to save. The floor is pretty rusty, the inner fender well is banged up pretty good. Both 1/4's need replaced, etc... I did however find te orig. window sticker. Poor car is just to far gone.

Well, after pulling the dart apart today for inspection, inhave decided that it is to far gone to save. The floor is pretty rusty, the inner fender well is banged up pretty good. Both 1/4's need replaced, etc... I did however find te orig. window sticker. Poor car is just to far gone.
Which Dart?

Jer when I come back up I'll bring the saws all. My boat needs a new anchor too, think I could take that 340 off yer hands man?

I was thinking of putting the 340 in the cop car we're building. But you can have the rear for an anchor. Bring the sawzal though we can cut the roof off and atleast have some fun before we scrap it

Here's what I have to deal with;
485ab040.jpg

d8765256.jpg

It needs a whole new driver front floor pan and a driver door. There is also a rust hole in the door jam

what???????????? send that car right over to me, with a blank check for 4k. ill have that thing looking mighty perty for ya!!!!!!!!!!!

please, even though i hate the 73+ dusters, and 73 d. sports, because it is all numbers matching, LET ME KNOW BEFORE YOU PART IT!. I WANT DIBS ON ENTIRE CAR

I don't want to sell the whole car. But I'll tell you what I do want to sell. The beautiful near mint steering wheel. :)

-
Back