To shave or not to shave that is the question

-

moparisbest

Reaction score
What do you all thank about shaving side marker lights on the duster ? And should I seal the cowl vent ? Or will one of the drivers side vents fit on passenger side . So that I just have two vents one on each side there is no heater in the car what do you thank ?

You are not talking about eliminating the side marker lights and if so it would not pass the annual safety inspection here in Texas.Just a thought.
Hey are you that guy that blacklisted ??? LMAO

You are not talking about eliminating the side marker lights and if so it would not pass the annual safety inspection here in Texas.Just a thought.

We don't have inspection here in kansas so that would not be a problem

You could always just make a plate to cover the hole, or use it for a cold air intake.

What do you all thank about shaving side marker lights on the duster ? And should I seal the cowl vent ? Or will one of the drivers side vents fit on passenger side . So that I just have two vents one on each side there is no heater in the car what do you thank ?
by sealing the cowl vent will stop any fresh air coming in SO then you wouldn't need the inside vents.or have I misunderstood..........Artie

by sealing the cowl vent will stop any fresh air coming in SO then you wouldn't need the inside vents.or have I misunderstood..........Artie

You are correct that was my thanking . Seal the cowl vent remove the drivers vent from inside the car. Or leave it open and try to put a drivers side vent on passenger side . You know the drivers side has that little vent door that you open for fresh air and if it has never been cleaned you open it going down the road and get a face full of leaves and dirt lmao

well the cowell vent feeds the heater air box and that is were it gets its air from yes i don not see why you can't seal it off but i don't think your heater will work. now the other vent on the floor i am not sure. please if i am wrong please speek up

If your going with an aftermarket heat/ac setup (vintage air etc..) weld it up. It will stop a pain in the *** leak point and smooth out the look.

Don't like the way they look with out the side lights.....on my 69 I had the outer metal piece chromed....looks nice. My car has a cage so the inlet boxes had to go. There is plates over the holes in the cowl but they are only riveted/siliconed in so removing them will not be a problem...

well I just found this on this site and hope it help and i should have grabbed the page but didn't sorry but for the floor vents they work off the cowell in take behind the hood and yes you can do both sides. look at Arivona swinger on page ten he shows his. i will go back and get the web link for you

well the cowell vent feeds the heater air box and that is were it gets its air from yes i don not see why you can't seal it off but i don't think your heater will work. now the other vent on the floor i am not sure. please if i am wrong please speek up

Car has no heater at all . Only a fresh air box on drivers side . My question is will a drivers side air box fit were the heater box use to be if not then I will do away with the air box on drivers side and seal off the cowl vent

Don't like the way they look with out the side lights.....on my 69 I had the outer metal piece chromed....looks nice. My car has a cage so the inlet boxes had to go. There is plates over the holes in the cowl but they are only riveted/siliconed in so removing them will not be a problem...

I was thanking the same . The side marker brake big open places on the side of the car and really don't look rite with out them just wanted to hear someone else say it to reassure me lol but I'm thanking the cowl vent will have to go

The passenger side fresh air inlet door is part of the heater box. You could close off the opening for that and still use your driver's side air inlet door because it's a stand alone unit but I don't think it'll interchange with the passenger side and if it did, the door would open in the wrong direction.

ok i miss under stood you and yes if you can fab parts the drivers side will work on the passenger side

I would shave...chick dig a clean smooth face. Chicks also dig a 5:00 shadow too!!!

Oops, I mean, if it is still going to see time on the street as your resto thread title alludes to, you may have to leave the side marker lights. I would also consider leaving the air box unless it is in the way of a cage or something. Sitting in the staging lanes for sometimes way too long gets a lad hot, and on the return road that welcome air in the "package" area will give a well needed cooldown. It will also be a welcome breeze on the streets!!

There is a passenger side air box available that is just like the drivers side, available in heater delete cars, but they are hard to locate. Mostly in southern cars where a heater is not necessary!!

I vote to leave the marker lights and air box in place, and at least have a 5:00 shadow!! JMO, Geof

-
Back