Today is 3-18 of 2024. HAPPY 318 DAY!!

-
With as many 318 lovers as we have on this site this should be a National holiday. Especially since it fell on a Monday. All school teachers and government workers get the day off.
I'd love to see you put a set of your heads/intake on a .030 over 318. Seriously! That would be a great story - build - learning experiment - and following!

I have a LA roller 318 .... you got a set of decent heads and intake around with the PR touch to part with ??? :poke:
:lol:

IMG_1169.jpeg

I am not sure why anyone would be celebrating 318 day when you have 340 and 360 days available cheap.
318 day doesn't have enough daily compression available to be able to run a cam that makes the day torque down low, well, unless you put a 2800 day converter and run in 9n 4/10:rolleyes:

I am not sure why anyone would be celebrating 318 day when you have 340 and 360 days available cheap.
318 day doesn't have enough daily compression available to be able to run a cam that makes the day torque down low, well, unless you put a 2800 day converter and run in 9n 4/10:rolleyes:
Pa-lease!!!

complete bull piss

Some guys are safer with less horsepower so God made 318’s to save us from them and them getting hurt.

Performance is about average power to weight to the ground, since most these cars weigh about the same it basically about average power. If we both are putting similar average power to the ground (similar performance) with same size tire then we also be putting similar average torque to the ground also, whether it be 273 vs 440 or a 318 vs 340/360.

Some guys are safer with less horsepower so God made 318’s to save us from them and them getting hurt.
From 1957 - 2003, the 318 cubic inch has hauled families to Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, to Work, to the Park, helped farmers haul the grain, hauled the wood, helped the military in the field, and .......
and.............
it did it very reliably, delivering years of long-lasting service, giving all decent power and gas mileage.

It was never intended to carry the front wheels of a Duster off the ground for 300 ft .... But if asked, it would do it (but some are too afraid to ask :D)
:thumbsup:

Performance is about average power to weight to the ground, since most these cars weigh about the same it basically about average power. If we both are putting similar average power to the ground (similar performance) with same size tire then we also be putting similar average torque to the ground also, whether it be 273 vs 440 or a 318 vs 340/360.
Hey 273,
I was just making light of the typical argument I see on this forum every time a 318 thread is started, and I thought I would do the same with 318 day when 318wr started this thread. It was meant to be amusing, nothing more. I have a vehicle with a 318, a 360, and a 340(418 stroker), and appreciate them all.

Hey 273,
I was just making light of the typical argument I see on this forum every time a 318 thread is started, and I thought I would do the same with 318 day when 318wr started this thread. It was meant to be amusing, nothing more. I have a vehicle with a 318, a 360, and a 340(418 stroker), and appreciate them all.
I knew where you were headed with that.... lol

Hey 273,
I see your intentions now :)

I'm just so use to people going on about Torque like it's some mythical bonus power, I was temporarily blinded :)

-
Back