Took the day off to get my drive shaft balanced

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
The drive shaft in the Dart had a bad vibration. Took it out and found it had thrown a weight. knocked the rest off installed new u joints and brought it to the local drive shaft shop. After glancing at the drive shaft he told me "there is no weights I can't balance that" He wanted $350 to build a new one.:angry7: :thebirdm: I asked around (lot of circle track guys in my neck of the woods) found a shop in Sioux Falls SD called Driveline Specialties (about 130 miles away). Talked to Mike on Monday and set it up for this morning. He didn't see why it couldn't be balanced and stated they knock the weights off before they balance them anyway. Worst case he could build me a new one for 250. $40 bucks later it was good as new painted up ready to go.

Awesome service they will get all my business :cheers:

What a bunch of tards :tard: They really told you that?? Guess you won't be going back to that place, wouldn't want them to work on it after that anyway. Glad you found a good place and got it balanced, easy thing for a shop like that to do.

That weight must have been thrown off at the Mopar show in the burnout contest :snakeman:

The drive shaft in the Dart had a bad vibration. Took it out and found it had thrown a weight. knocked the rest off installed new u joints and brought it to the local drive shaft shop. After glancing at the drive shaft he told me "there is no weights I can't balance that" He wanted $350 to build a new one.:angry7: :thebirdm: I asked around (lot of circle track guys in my neck of the woods) found a shop in Sioux Falls SD called Driveline Specialties (about 130 miles away). Talked to Mike on Monday and set it up for this morning. He didn't see why it couldn't be balanced and stated they knock the weights off before they balance them anyway. Worst case he could build me a new one for 250. $40 bucks later it was good as new painted up ready to go.

Awesome service they will get all my business :cheers:
Nice to know there is still some honest shops around......

What a bunch of tards :tard: They really told you that?? Guess you won't be going back to that place, wouldn't want them to work on it after that anyway. Glad you found a good place and got it balanced, easy thing for a shop like that to do.

That weight must have been thrown off at the Mopar show in the burnout contest :snakeman:

Its ready for next year. I have some scabs lined up. I would use the tires they gave me for runner up last year but they are 2 different sizes. 14" and 15" hahaha :roll:

Why don't you mention who the pricks were so someone else not as knowledgeable DOESN'T go there and get fuked.....

Lots of pos out there.... I heard a shop say that balancing is a myth.... i was like what....the balancing is the most important part of the job.. what dicks

I had a similar experience. Had a bad vibration and took the drive shaft in to a large shop. The guy asked if I built that myself in a barn?!?! He suggested that they build a whole new shaft, but use my yokes for $250. Had to drive 30 miles across town, but got it balanced for like $30!! Last month when I installed my Strange 60 rear I had to have the shaft shortened. Guess which shop I went to?!?

-
Back