torqueing heads.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
My book says 68-76 sb I should torque my heads to 95 ft lbs.my question is do any of you slowly sneak up on torqueing like 50 than75 and finly 95,or torque it at 95 than thats it.

do all at 45, then all at 70, then 95. Make sure you do the correct sequence too.

Same here 8) the Three step boogie :-D

Just make sure you run a new bolt down all holes and blow out good....and put oil on threads and washer ends aswell..They make Teflon stuff, but I can't think of what it is now...all the big boys use it like me...LOL

i always put copper anti seeze on my bolts to insure a true torque and go in a sequence of increasing torque i know that 95 is standard but i always go 100 just for good measure

ARP= American Racing Products

You may have to read the package on the lube, can't say for sure if it's the same.

I would get some of the ARP thread lube…I don’t remember the exact numbers, but with my head studs the torque numbers were something like 95 ft lbs with the ARP lube or 120 ft lbs using oil. The ARP stuff is cheap, and it’s a good way to make sure you have the right torque on the bolts (assuming you have a good torque wrench).

-
Back