-
Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowghost

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anybody know if the torsion bar adjuster is common to any other vehicles or trucks? I was putting the finishing touches on my car today, trying to get the ride height more or less level and I heard a bang from the drivers side. When I loosening the bolt to relieve the tension , the torsion bar pushed the bolt right thru the adjuster. I somehow crossthreaded the bolt. I am going down to chrysler tommorow but somehow I doubt they still have this part.

Thanks

I've got lots of extras. I did discover in one of four LCA's I recently rebuilt an oddball, coarse thread adjuster, but otherwise every one I have seen is fine thread. If you can't find one in Canada let me know.

the tire shop that did my alignment stripprd one of mine in my 64 Dart,after I told them to jack the car up to take the pressur off the torsion bar and they ndidn`t I bought two at the local wreaking yard. one off a 65 val., andthe other was of a dart from the early 70`s

moe

Thanks man. Im gonna take a look at the junkyard tommorow. I remember seeing an old diplomat there once and to me, the whole front suspension looked identical to my 73. I figure it should be the same.

I've got a bunch of them also. If you still need them, put me on the list.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I've got a bunch of them also. If you still need them, put me on the list.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I redid the front end of my 68 about 5 years ago and installed a73-75 K with spool mounts. As usual, I gathered the parts over time from friends, swap meets, bought new etc. When I put it together, I noticed that the 73-76 T-bar adjusting bolts were different from the earlier ones. The early ones are fine thread and I'm assuming they went to coarse thread for the 73 model year. As a result, one of my coarse thread adjusters on the car is about 3" long with a 3/4" hex head. The other side is longer, maybe 3-1/2" long with a 13/16" hex.

I pretty much forgot about it until I installed .92 T-bars last week. I've wanted to make them the same but have not found any yet at swap meets. If anyone has a spare shorter coarse thread screw with the 3/4" hex, I'd like to buy it. IIRC, it's 3" long. The longer one hangs down too far and sure doesn't need to b e that long.

Thanks

We supply the adjusters new. Check out our website for details. P-S-T.com

TorsionBarAdjusters.jpg

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing Supervisor
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316

There are two different lengths in the fine thread ones what length do you need i have both lengths PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back