Torsion bars rolled off work bench... :(

-

72Valiant4Door

Trouble Maker
Reaction score
I have some nice scratches in the metal on my 1.03 bars now... i am going to be sick, i dont think sandpaper can fix.

Grab a bottle of black fingernail polish and touch them up to prevent corosion.

Sand them until the scratches are smooth, with no sharp edges, but you don't need to remove the scratches. Remember, they're an under car part, not made out of egg shells.

And technically speaking, no spring is hardened. Hardening makes them brittle. They're tempered.

If you're scared of them, send them to me and I'll run em.

I will try to file it down a little more, i have adhesion promoter, rustoleum and bedliner i was gonna refinish them with

If someone goes to look under there to see if they have scratches on them, kick em in the ***

9149856.jpg

I was under the impression that scratches and deep nicks lead to torsion bar failure and snapping

It can, but as mentioned they are under the car and subject to things popping up off the road and hitting them.

Post a pic of said 'nick' .

simple answer to how it fell... i'm a moron... i knew someone would ask how a torsion bar could roll, and the nick is in the middle

Just nick the other side the same. Then when they both break at the same time, you will at least be able to steer.
Of course Ima kidding......
1.03s are so much less stressed on the street,than the oems, just follow the advice given here, and you will be fine. But if you are gonna roadrace it..........IDK

Just grind it all out and remove any paint from around it, or oil and fill it all in with your MIG welder and then grind it back down flat and paint it. easy !??

:poke:

-
Back