Tranny cooler lines

-

64ragtop

Reaction score
My transmission cooler lines were spliced with lengths of fuel proof hose. I'm looking for replacement hard lines. Want to get whatever hose segments are needed to add the tranny cooler right up front where they're accessible. One of those splices split some while ago and left me stranded. Once was enough!

Any sources for the steel lines from the tranny to the radiator much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and all the best to ya!

BC

Advance Auto, NAPA and a few other stores carry to tubing. You are welcome to borrow the lines from my Barracuda to use as a template. Give me a call and I can bring them to S. Austin tomorrow and you can pick them up at my job.

Dustin

My transmission cooler lines were spliced with lengths of fuel proof hose. I'm looking for replacement hard lines. Want to get whatever hose segments are needed to add the tranny cooler right up front where they're accessible. One of those splices split some while ago and left me stranded. Once was enough!

Any sources for the steel lines from the tranny to the radiator much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and all the best to ya!

BC
Inline Tube will have what you need. http://www.inlinetube.com/
I got trans lines from for my 340 Duster - worked great.

Never cared for the way the trans cooler lines run right next to the exhaust pipe/manifold. Has anyone insulated the lines at that point?

i dont know how much reproduction lines are, but i know i had clearance issues with my slant six and headers. i ended up getting -6 braided lines and the fittings for the transmission and cooler. this way i was able to run the transmission lines down the frame rail and away from the exhaust. just an idea.

Mighty fine idea, slantscamp! Thanks!! The repro lines from Inline Tube are just $50.00, and for minimal fabrication time and effort I think that's what the ragtop will get. My '63 Dart coupe will have headers, and the frame rail routing is probable for that project.

ATB

BC

I put a couple of wraps of header wrap on mine where they are close to the headers...don't know if it helps but seemed like a good idea

Another source I remembered: "The Right Stuff Detailing" at www.getdiscbrakes.com. I have their catalog from seeing them at the Carlisle show last year. They have Early A body lines for the 6 and 8 cyl 904 @ $40 OEM, $70.00 stainless.

-
Back