Trans blanket?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good trans blanket for a 904. May aswell put one in when I change transmissions.

Either way...

I've got the RCI blanket, pretty easy to install.

Adam the trans blanket is OK. If your trans doesnt leak any fluid . It can be a little problem. I would look at CSI shield for 904 .I got one cover whole trans up easy to get pan off for band adjustments. Part # is 838 I think Around 280 from Barnetts performance.

Johnny P said:
Adam the trans blanket is OK. If your trans doesnt leak any fluid . It can be a little problem. I would look at CSI shield for 904 .I got one cover whole trans up easy to get pan off for band adjustments. Part # is 838 I think Around 280 from Barnetts performance.

If you've got room for a shield, go with that instead. I didn't have the room so I went with the blanket.

I switched from a blanket to a CSI composite shield and couldn't be happier with the choice. The trans runs cooler because it doesn't wrap all the way around, fits tight floorboards,changing fluid and filter is much easier, and gives an overall much neater appearance under the car. They also are a flexplate shield which a blanket is not. They are a little more expensive but imo worth every penny.

I'll look in to shields too.

Mikel you have a 727 right ? I should have alittle more room then you with my lil ol' 904.

AdamR said:
I'll look in to shields too.

Mikel you have a 727 right ? I should have alittle more room then you with my lil ol' 904.

Right.

One thing I forgot to mention about the CSI shield is the tabs on the bellhousing area must be trimmed off the transmission to use the shield. This may or may not be a problem for you but you may not be able to use a factory column shifter. I have a modified case if you need pictures to see what i'm referring to.

-
Back