Status
Not open for further replies.

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
My son is in need of a transfer case for his 2003 jeep liberty. He is having trouble finding one, so I figured I would ask if anyone here might have one and be willing to part with it. I believe the transfer case is called a command track NP231.
Thanks

Should be able to source here in El Paso Yards. Can be palletized and shipped from friends loading dock - Alamo Auto. Will be very expensive, though, given your location.

They used two different models in the liberty I would do some google research the one was much more common and used in other models too

I just have the numbers I mentioned, not sure if it s the most common. Any help would be appreciated.

if it is the NP 231- that's a very common transfer case.. the late model, non-limited edition XJ Cherokees ran it, as well as the wranglers, and some grand Cherokee models. On the XJ's you had either the NP-231 or the NP-242 if I remember correctly. The 242 was a full time AWD setup with a clutch pack in the xfer case. Either case will work, but the 231 was a stronger more reliable case... should be a direct bolt in on your sons liberty, as they shared a lot of similar components in the early years of the liberty. I think Chrysler actually used a lot of left over components from the 01 model year XJ in the 03-04 liberty as far as transmissions and driveline were concerned.
If you go to a pick and pull/u-pull-it, look for any later model Cherokee (late 90's to 01). check the shifter on the floorboard, if it says part time 4wd High/Low 2wd that's the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back