TRANSMISSION FIXTURE

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Figured it was time to make my life easier. The numbers matching 727 is next in line for the H1 Demon restoration.

IMG_0111.JPG

I've never thought about it until now, but I wonder if the tabs on the transmission that you used for the fixture attaching points are in the same place on both big and small block 727's? I would think that they would be since the cases between the 2 are the same, aft of the bellhousing.

Great job on the fixture! :thumbsup:

I've never thought about it until now, but I wonder if the tabs on the transmission that you used for the fixture attaching points are in the same place on both big and small block 727's? I would think that they would be since the cases between the 2 are the same, aft of the bellhousing.

Great job on the fixture! :thumbsup:
The tabs near the tail housing are the same, but at the bellhousing, the small block tabs are wider by about 2 inches. The dimension front to rear is the same between the two.

I use to use a 30 gallon drum. Put the tail shaft in and was able to remove and replace the drums. I was at a friends shop yesterday he was doing the same thing. Put the tranny on the table to adjust bands and valve body. I never used a fixture. Maybe I am old school:) Working on cars 50 plus years.

-
Back