Transmission temp/pressure gauges.

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Does anybody run temp/pressure gauges in their tranny?I,d like to run some gauges for my 904 tranny in my 66 Dart that I race,I,m just not sure where to tap/plumb into the trans.Any pics of location or advise would help.Maybe just tap into the pan itself?

I'm thinking of doing this as well. I will be using a deeper pan for added oil cap. The pans summit offers have bungs welded into them for temp probes. Fast and easy to do...

Darren

I'm thinking of doing this as well. I will be using a deeper pan for added oil cap. The pans summit offers have bungs welded into them for temp probes. Fast and easy to do...

Darren
Yeah I was checking out the Summit pans,also 1/2 the price of a Mopar performance one?

Hi,yes I have a temp gauge in the 64,I tapped into the front servo pressure port,the 1/8" hole with a plug,but you could tap into the pan as well,I have an electric gauge,it surprised me it hardly ever goes over 150 deg,even with transbrake and loose convertor,also I have a blanket on it just in case.

You can also plumb in a T fitting in the front trans. cooler line and use the T to screw your temp sender into. You won't get a more accurate reading than that.

trans_temp_001.jpg

-
Back