Tri-Y Headers for torque?

-
Lawd hammercy yall. We're supposed to be family here.

The slant six and every inline six I'm aware of has a firing order of 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4. Look how that lays out when you split the exhaust ports into two pairs of 3. Each fire of the stroke swaps to the next pair of 3. It's the perfect layout for great scavenging. The Clifford shorties WILL BE tri wye headers when you connect them together with the third wye "SOMEWHERE" under the car into the single exhaust that inline engines "should have" for the most efficient scavenging anyway. Putting duals on them loses the scavenging effect of that "third wye", which is the reason I always recommend a good HP single exhaust on a slant 6 over duals.

Last edited:
Lawd hemmercy yall. We're supposed to be family here.

The slant six and every inline six I'm aware of has a firing order of 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4. Look how that lays out when you split the exhaust ports into two pairs of 3. Each fire of the stroke swaps to the next pair of 3. It's the perfect layout for great scavenging. The Clifford shorties WILL BE tri wye headers when you connect them together with the third wye "SOMEWHERE" under the car into the single exhaust that inline engines "should have" for the most efficient scavenging anyway. Putting duals on them loses the scavenging effect of that "third wye", which is the reason I always recommend a good HP single exhaust on a slant 6 over duals.
Some of us are mental and happy, others are delusional and over confident.

I’m confident in a very limited number of things.

I’m white
I’ll die
Jesus is Lord
I have a great family with many faults but I love them all.

I friends call me crazy and not right but they keep coming by and calling so I can’t be to dang bad. But at least we go home with hurting stomachs from laughing our asses off. Yep, we are a happy bunch. We all love to call out the BS’ers and self-deluded morons.

We are what we are and there’s no sense in pretending in what we are not.

-
Back