Trip To A&A Transmission.. WOW!

-

Dantra

69 Dart.. AKA Butters
Reaction score
I plan on running my 904 behind my current 6.4 swap project, in my 69 Dart. So I've had alot of questions, ideas and concerns that I've been searing the internet for and then I realized that A&A is literally 10 minutes away from work... So I took a field trip.

When I got there, the owner (Rick) was tied up for a few but once he was free, he had time for my questions and then offered me a tour of the place. So, we walked around and explored, talking as we went. This place is massive.. Like Disneyland to me. They make all of their own shafts, gears, hubs, drums and on and on. And I mean some crazy crazy stuff! And I gotta say, he's one of the nicest guys that I've ever met. I learned more in that hour than I could've learned in weeks and weeks of searing and reading. He told me what to look for on my 904 (72 later is what want and fortunately, mine is) They have a better kick down servo.. Hope I'm using the right term.

While I was there, I saw alot of history.. Photos, displays and parts that are still being produced, such as cross rams and exhaust manifolds. He also showed a couple high dollar trans in excess of 10k. One was for the Sox and Martin car in Australia and the other I can't remember.. Big name tho that's putting 1100 hp to it.

He assured me that my 904 will be fine and he'll fix me up with what need to make it what I need. I just can't say how great of a day it was.. Feel like a made a friend. I'd called a few other places in the past that left me feeling like they just didn't really care to talk.. And I get that. It's a busy world. But yesterday was awesome. Even if I wasn't looking for trans stuff.. I'd visit his shop just for fun. He allowed to take pics and share..

Screenshot_20231214-160645_Gallery.jpg

20231214_155000.jpg

20231214_154934.jpg

20231214_154754.jpg

20231214_154744.jpg

20231214_154741.jpg

20231214_154729.jpg

20231214_154519.jpg

20231214_154455.jpg

20231214_154440.jpg

Last edited:
That road runner belongs to my best friend. He and his wife dated in that cat. It was at MCACN this year. Rick did the trans in it. I know what you mean about Rick. One of the "GOOD GUYS" out there.

I think Rick does Tom's transmissions. 500+ passes with around 900 horse. Stick your tongue out to the guys that say Torqueflite's aren't tough.

086.jpg

Rick is a great person, and his parts are top notch!
I hope to make a trip out next year to see his shop in person! And hopefully pick up some parts too!

I met Rick a few years ago, at Clay City Ky. I have called him a couple of times to ask advise, or clarify something I wasn't sure of. Even though I haven't spent a nickel with him, he has taken time to help me.

Thanks for posting about your visit and the photos. This is the place we need to go to for our torqueflight trans needs and parts.

Never heard anything bad about the place, unlike a different place that pimps his torqueflight parts.

I have a neat little story concerning A&A if anyone is interested. Quite a few years ago I went to a guys Demo Derby auction. He was getting a divorce and needed to liquidate all of his stuff. This was back when the Derby guys were still using big Chryslers. It was mostly Mopar stuff. There was probably 20-30 Torqueflights standing on end. I had a bunch of part numbers that I would buy if they came up. There were 2 or 3 in the bunch. The auctioneer got to the trans and one guy bought the whole works. I followed him to his truck a little later and asked him if he would sell a couple of them. He drove a nice newer big Dodge with a really nice big trailer. I asked him about the purchase of all of the Torqueflights. He asked me if I had ever heard of A&A. I said yes I have. He said I go all over the country buying cores for A&A Transmission. He paid for them with a big wad of cash, I asked him if he was worried about carrying that much cash, he opened his coat for his concealed carry. I told him that he had a pretty cool job. He laughed.

Where is A & A located? Found several on an internet search but would like to get the correct shop. Thanks.

-
Back