truck wheel rant

-
Have you tried ads on facebook? I see a lot of tires and wheels listed there. In fact I bought a nice set of 20" wheels and tires for winter use on my Ram R/T, (it has wide 22's that are completely useless in the snow) for a decent price from a guy about 25 miles from me

im not on facebook
(i think i might have tried it once, for a day or two and decided it wasnt worth my time)

im sure a set will pop up on craigslist or something sooner or later

im not on facebook
(i think i might have tried it once, for a day or two and decided it wasnt worth my time)

im sure a set will pop up on craigslist or something sooner or later

I can understand that it's a turn off to many because you read so much of people just posting useless information like what their doing nearly every minute of the day, posting a new pic of them-self or their kid every day or 2. That's what turns a lot of people off to FB, and did me in the beginning. Another thing is that IMO FB is safer than CL since you have a better way of tracking people. Living near St. Louis I have heard numerous news articles on how a CL deal went wrong, or someone used a CL post to rob someone. After a few yrs. of doing practically nothing on FB I found out there is a page for nearly thing your into. For me it's amateur radio and old cars and now I'm on there nearly every day looking through the ads and reading about my 'cheap' hobby (amateur radio) lol...

If you're looking for 18" wheels for that truck Tire Rack shows over 70 different wheels for it. $163 to $328 each. Most of them are black, but not all of them. https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/res...d&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Single+Rear+Wheel

im looking for the smallest i can find...which seems to be 17s
and i just want something that looks like a truck wheel, like what i posted in the first post, at worst some basic star wheels

103-002_5.png

i just can not stand these new looking ones
they just dont look good

(i did go through all the ones on tire rack, but didnt see any id like to pay for)

ProComp 1069s look like the rim in your original post.

I found a set of 4 on CL for $100, but they were 15". The 3.75" backspacing was just what I needed to clear the front control arms on a Jeep.

Last edited:
-
Back