True car people are becoming a thing of the past

-
you guys see this crazy ****? nice car but an original slant six car and not originally pink.. 61K plus all the fees..

View attachment 1716190584

View attachment 1716190586

View attachment 1716190585
Might be time to sell..LOL!!!

IMG_3918.JPG

I say that because I used to be able to talk car with quite a few guys at work. These days at my current job there is no one. Although I have had two young guys approach me wanting to learn about cars and I even sold a Valiant to one, but they are young and do not carry meaningful car conversations. There really is no where for them to learn. The old auto school I went to is now closed off and most of the equipment is in urban decay mode, the old race track is now closed. All the old machine shops are closed and most of the old timer machinists have moved on to the salvage yards in the sky. All of the old salvage yards are either shut down and torn down or have been converted to a ten year or newer pick a part. I went to insure my valiant the other day (new daily driver) hardly any of the insurance companies want to insure any car before 1981. Only one classic car company will insure it with no miliage or other restrictions. Hagerty has their nerve to tell how us how many miles we can drive and control when and where we drive. Not trying to get political here, in fact please don't, just pointing out how much the world has changed.

Car shows are a complete waste of time these days, they look like dodge dealership parking lots and the old cars that used to be regulars are gone.
It's been a great 20 year run that I have been into old mopars but it's just not the same anymore even though I won't stop driving the valiant or dart any time soon.

Here's to the "good ol days" (pretty much anytime before covid)
That shouldn't be a surprise these days and these facts also - younger male generation can't drive manual transmissions - crank a push mower - they wear women's pants and don't like BOOBS !!!!
WTH is going on !!!

If you have young ones around, get them interested, get them the game “Car Mechanic Simulator”. It available for all the popular video game platforms.
My 3 year old is taking an interest in watching me work on my bike and demands the headphones when I'm playing assetto corsa because she likes listening to the cars when I'm driving around. She also enjoys the sound of big cammed v8s. I hope this continues lol.

wish NJ woul do that.. don't think we ever had the year stamped on the plated though..

a while back i started collecting 1969 (my birth year) license plates. don't know why but i did..lol i have 10 states so far. just picked up 3 or 4 lately. i'm cherry picking the cheap ones for now. then i'll worry about the expensive ones when i need them to finish all the states.

View attachment 1716190571
Born in 69? That makes you a youngun.
:lol::lol::lol:

In Kansas, you can put an old tag on an antique (25 years or older). It has to be the same year as the car. For example, about 15 years ago I found a 1969 Kansas tag at a swap meet. I bought it and it is now on my 69 Barracuda. you can see it in the picture below.

View attachment 1716190524

I paid a small fee for this favor, and not a penny since. Every year it costs me $25 to keep the car's registration current.
Same thing here with old tags, and new state issued antique tags.
They cost $30 but are good for 10 years.

-
Back