Trunk Light were does it mount?

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha!

I just got the trunk light harness and have NO IDEA were da bugger mounts! Of course the switch goes in the drivers side trunk lip, the harness intercepts the wiring harness for the rear lights...but I can't find the mounting hole or clip to attach it in the trunk area!

I know the light bracket needs to be floating from the chassis. (Other wise its always on :snakeman:) and it can't be more than a foot away from the switch.

Any pictures would help.

Currently I have it mounted on the drivers side brace/pillar. This is between the hinge and the fender. There is a small oval hole that i used to mount the light switch and placed plastic in between the bracket and the pillar. This appears to be a good spot, protected and up high.

Mahalo for you help!:cheers:

Pics from my 74 Duster (has fold down rear seat):

PB180030.JPG

PC120001.JPG

Mahalo for the pictures!
Super70bird...Thats kind of where I thought it would go. See the oval hole right behind your lamp? Thats were I put mine. I see your's are direct to ground (negative) mounted. How is it not lit up? Well, other than the obivious (during) a restore.

HMM

I'll post a picture later tonight!

Mahalo for the pictures!
Super70bird...Thats kind of where I thought it would go. See the oval hole right behind your lamp? Thats were I put mine. I see your's are direct to ground (negative) mounted. How is it not lit up? Well, other than the obivious (during) a restore.

HMM

I'll post a picture later tonight!

it's tonight!

Trunk light 3-6-08 small.JPG

Super70Bird's is correct for a fold-down seat option.
Moparman1'sis correct for a standard seat.
In either case, the wiring splits from the tail light harness and goes up the wheelhouse above the rear axle.
The fold-down seat light is clocked so the bulb points toward the left tail tailight. This way, you don't get blinded by the light when you open the trunk.

-
Back