Trunk Pan? Witch is the one to buy?

-

demon 340

Reaction score
I need a trunk pan (1 piece pan) is there a good one out there? I have not installed one before. So I would like to buy a good one the first time. The only one I have found is Year One, Paddock. Are there any others? Do these fit good?

Like all the discussions about repo quarter panels, the trunk floors are pumped out of the same place. You can get the trunk floor in one piece, two pieces (in half lengthwise from fron to back) or just the bottom circle of the spare tire well.

The ones you see from Year One or the Paddock are the same ones that Goodmark has as well.

I bought the two piece trunk floor and can track the installation of it here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=14449&page=2

you cant install a 1 piece trunk floor unless you removed a qtr panel or the tail panel.

ted_sweet said:
you cant install a 1 piece trunk floor unless you removed a qtr panel or the tail panel.

You should be able to. Did it on the Duster. Personally, I'd get the one piece as that's one less seam to weld up. Buy the replacement before you cut out the old to see what you might have to leave. Take measurements or make a template for the new cutout for the filler tube. Easier to roughly cut out the sections then go back and drill out the spot welds on the frame rails and, trunk extensions, and the forward seam. The edge at the tail panel is a different story.

Trunka.jpg

Trunkb.jpg

sorry bout this but do you guys know if a 70s dart sport hood will fit my 73 duster with any or no modifications? thanks

70Duster440 said:
You should be able to. Did it on the Duster. Personally, I'd get the one piece as that's one less seam to weld up. Buy the replacement before you cut out the old to see what you might have to leave. Take measurements or make a template for the new cutout for the filler tube. Easier to roughly cut out the sections then go back and drill out the spot welds on the frame rails and, trunk extensions, and the forward seam. The edge at the tail panel is a different story.

I agree even though I had my qrts off, I was able to install the 1 piece trunk floor through the truck opening on my duster with no problem.

Yeah, if you have the patience a 1 pc is the deal, i did it with my Duster and didn't have too much of a problem. I think I got them from Y.O.

DusterBoy15 said:
sorry bout this but do you guys know if a 70s dart sport hood will fit my 73 duster with any or no modifications? thanks

Feel free to start a new thread if you have a question about something that is unrelated to the topic.

No, it won't fit either, unless you use the entire Dart front clip. You need a hood from a 73-76 Duster, Valiant or Scamp for your car.

-
Back