TTI Exhaust

-

jiw700

Scamper340
Reaction score
just wandering what your thought's are about complete system , manifolds to the rear of car. anybody tried them,

I put their 3" system on a 68 Dart and it fit great. nice big heavy duty hangers at the mufflers. They have a slip fitting up by the H pipe or cross over that they use a clamp at. I would just weld it up next time at that location and the mufflers instead of using the supplied clamps. All bolt in minor trimming of pipes to shorten length required where they slip together. Nice system.

I had their headers on my car too.

My friend has the complete system on his 67 SB Dart, and it fits and looks great.

good to hear i ordered mine today 2 1/2" complete , can't wait to hear it, i've got 340 hi-po exhaust manifolds hopefully it will sound good

it will! i have them on my demon. manifolds back 2 1/2 " setup with x cross over. love it.

I have their complete system ceramic headers I bought in Carlisle and 3" X pipe system that I bought from a fellow here sitting in boxes. Hope it sounds throaty. Mancini Racing had smoking deals on headers at the All Mopar event.

I ran the 2 1/2 system hooked to stock 340 manifolds. I later switched to TTI headers and just pulled the head pipes out of the h-pipe and the header collectors aligned right up and fit right in. Don't weld the pipes together in case you want to switch later.

Here is a picture of the front half of the system TTI sent me..

2.H-pipe to Headers.jpg

Whats with the e-brake cable going under over,actually the way it goes? Have anymore pictures of the Hurst shifter linkage and spacer or part numbers?

Whole different story with that,unfortunately

That's a picture of a TTI system on an early A body. There's a bracket that holds the E brake cable. It has to be removed to install the TTI system.

I posted this 2 years ago... My opinion has changed a bit. The mufflers I went with smoothed out after a few weeks and Im very glad I went with the ones I did.

TTI 2.5” X-Pipe, 340 HiPo manifold system review.
In short I love it. The system fits the car very well. Only minor modification to clear the scatter shield edge an the RH side and I needed to give just a bit of extra clearance for the clutch fork. Installation was less than fun. I saved some work by using a saws all to remove my headers and the installation of the manifolds was relatively painless. The hard part was getting the 5 pipes (2 pipes from manifolds, 2 intermediate pipes leading to X-pipe, 1 X-pipe) all to slide together at the same time. Its a process very hard to describe, but with enough head scratching and a bit of lube it went together with no tools. The rest was easy. I would say this is a job that should be done a lift (glad I had one to use).

I went with the Dynamax Ultra flow option and find them a bit boomy when looping around town but do smooth out as the RPMs start to come up. Idle sound level is very good (in muscle car terms). I think I would have been a little happier with the regular super turbos as far as sound, but wanted max flow for a manifold system. Cabin noise is much improved over the headers.

I made the mistake of buying just the 2.5" tailpipes , they didn't fit right and the outlets are not in the stock location , but the 3" are ??? Biggest waste of money in my case ...

good luck ...

I made the mistake of buying just the 2.5" tailpipes , they didn't fit right and the outlets are not in the stock location , but the 3" are ??? Biggest waste of money in my case ...

good luck ...

why, may i ask was it a waste of money.

My 2.5" tail pipes exited exactly where they should lining up with my Formula S rear cut outs.

Unless they changed something they did not exit in the right place on a 68-69 Dart , they swing inboard of the frame rails after they clear the gas tank , the STOCK FACTORY mounts for my tips need the pipes to be directly under the framerail . Maybe the barracuda uses tailpipes like that and that's why TTi makes them like that , catering to the smaller segment of the market ??

To the question as to why it was a waste of money , the guy that hung them had to cut the pipes in front of the axle and rotate them or else the mufflers would have been in the framerails , unless he screwed up and put them on the wrong sides after cutting off the rear 18" to get the jog out of them , I was not present ? I would have saved the $189 for the tails by just having him bend me up some fresh tailpipes since I had to have him make headpipes because TTi doesn't make the front pipes for a big block A body with ANY manifolds . At least it's a full mandrel bent system.

I've got close to $900 in my exh and it looks and sounds like **** , the only nice parts are the accurate stainless tips .

Unless they changed something they did not exit in the right place on a 68-69 Dart , they swing inboard of the frame rails after they clear the gas tank , the STOCK FACTORY mounts for my tips need the pipes to be directly under the framerail . Maybe the barracuda uses tailpipes like that and that's why TTi makes them like that , catering to the smaller segment of the market ??

To the question as to why it was a wate of money , the guy that hung them had to cut the pipes in front of the axle and rotate them or else the mufflers would have been in the framerails , unless he screwed up and put them on the wrong sides , I was no present , I would have saved the 189 for the tails by just having him bend me up some fresh tailpipes since I had to have him make headpipes because TTi doesn't make the front pipes for a big block A body with ANY manifolds .

I've got close to $900 in my exh and it looks like **** , the only nice parts are the accurate stainless tips .

I think you just got the wrong tail pipes. My tail pipes come out parallel to the frame rails. Did you call TTI and tell them about your problem? They have great costumer service.

If the muffler hangers were not installed right (easy to do as I put mine in wrong before I went back and looked at the instructions) nothing lines up as it should.

Anyway... fitting all the parts of the x-pipe to manifolds was a pain but they did fit. The only mod I had to make to my TTI system was to clearance the pipe just below my clutch fork. The fork would rub a little bit.

Maybe the barracuda uses tailpipes like that and that's why TTi makes them like that , catering to the smaller segment of the market ??

The TTI system isn't "One size fits all" They don't just sell one tail pipe to cover all applications.

Only 2 possible problems here.

1. Your idea of the stock exit point is wrong.
2. You got the wrong tail pipes and didn't return them for the correct ones.

Both 1 and 2 would be your fault.

The TTI system isn't "One size fits all" They don't just sell one tail pipe to cover all applications.

Only 2 possible problems here.

1. Your idea of the stock exit point is wrong.
2. You got the wrong tail pipes and didn't return them for the correct ones.

Both 1 and 2 would be your fault.

2 is a possibility , but I never saw a system listed for darts AND barracudas , only 1 system .

The exit point is correct , it's a FACTORY 383 car with 56k original miles , original rear tips and original hangers . The sheet I got from TTi on where to mount the supplied hangers used the hole in the SIDE of the FRAMERAIL that you use if you move the rear springs inboard to under the framerail , not even REMOTELY correct on ANY A body I have ever been under .

I just looked at the site , they list 3 a bodies systems , 63-66 , 67 - 69 barracuda and 67-76 A body ...

the 67 -76 is a ONE SIZE FITS ALL for 2 different wheelbase cars ...

Your WRONG , it is a ONE SIZE fits ALL A bodies ... 67-76

Center section yes, could be but clearly not the tail pipes.

I just had a look.. 67-69 Barracuda has its own system and part number. This is probably why your experience and mine are so different.

Sorry , the tailpipes are one size fits all , they only list 3 tailpipes ,63-66 , 67-69 barracuda and 67-76 A body

here is a pic of a 71 duster with 2.5" pipes , the same pipes I got and they are NOT correct for a 67-69 dart , hell a 67 A body only had a single tailpipe even with a dual exhaust .

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Exhaust_Systems/p25-71Duster.htm

I see what you are talking about. Mine don't turn in like that. I bet Barracuda tail pipes would have worked but like you said... They don't come in the "normal" a body kit.

I didn't order the kit , I just order tailpipes , they didn't offer headpipes to stock manifolds so buying the H was useless to me , I didn't want an H because my car didn't have one stock.

I got them from a good source and he knew what car I was working on , I'm not sure what else what might be different on the barracuda , length maybe , but I didn't even know they offered 2 different pipes . It make zero sense why they even turn in like that . Forget using them on a car with inboard springs . The really weird thing is the 3" pipes don't jog in like that .

The place I had do the install has a mandrel bender and I could have had the entire system done by them in stainless for what I ended up with .

-
Back