TTI Flange Finish Quality?

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
This is more of a comment but would like to hear back from others if they've noticed the same thing. I just received another set of A-body headers (polished & internally coated) from TTI today. Besides one end of one of the flanges going through the box and scraping off the coating, I once again noticed how really rough the cuts are around the exhaust flanges and collector flanges. Granted, this won't affect its functionality but damn for $700, these things should be cherry. After installing several sets of these, I guess this is just the way they are mnfrd but again, for what they charge, these should be smooth before they are coated and shipped. Anyone else notice this?

This is more of a comment but would like to hear back from others if they've noticed the same thing. I just received another set of A-body headers (polished & internally coated) from TTI today. Besides one end of one of the flanges going through the box and scraping off the coating, I once again noticed how really rough the cuts are around the exhaust flanges and collector flanges. Granted, this won't affect its functionality but damn for $700, these things should be cherry. After installing several sets of these, I guess this is just the way they are mnfrd but again, for what they charge, these should be smooth before they are coated and shipped. Anyone else notice this?

I was disappointed with the quality of the welds on mine...my cuts were fine

I'm on my second set for my second duster,and i really did'nt notice anything wrong with the finish,or welds' or flanges...

Thanks Ben.... my day wasn't crappy enough, now I have to go out in the garage with a flashlight and inspect my headers. :iconbigg:

I took them out when they arrived to make sure I have a PAIR...but I didn't notice any hack assembly or sharp edges. I'll have to take a look.

I noticed mine were shab when I got them out of the box as well. The welds were pretty good but the flanges looked more like they were cut with a bandsaw more than a nice finished edge. The coating was scratched off in more than one spot though, which was more of a concern to me. I actually though about getting another pair, but I was so stoked about getting my Duster running that I installed them anyway.
Still the ease of installation is so much more worth it than anything else.

I noticed mine were shab when I got them out of the box as well. The welds were pretty good but the flanges looked more like they were cut with a bandsaw more than a nice finished edge. The coating was scratched off in more than one spot though, which was more of a concern to me. I actually though about getting another pair, but I was so stoked about getting my Duster running that I installed them anyway.
Still the ease of installation is so much more worth it than anything else.

Exactly, the cuts look as though they were cut out with a bandsaw and they are rough. Since the end of one of the flanges went through the box (the bottom should have been reinforced), and I am not in a big hurry to get these in, I am calling tomorrow to attempt to get another set sent to me. Let's see how receptive they are about this and let's see if they issue a call tag or if they try to get me to ship them back to them.

Thanks Ben.... my day wasn't crappy enough, now I have to go out in the garage with a flashlight and inspect my headers. :iconbigg:

I took them out when they arrived to make sure I have a PAIR...but I didn't notice any hack assembly or sharp edges. I'll have to take a look.

John, I am glad I could be of service. ;-) There's a big sticker on the box that pretty much says to inspect these right away or else. What I pointed out had more to do with aesthetics rather than functionality. I just want to feel that I got what I paid for (including workmanship and finish).

mine were pretty nice when i got mine. they also stayed in the box too. maybe i was lucky. of course this was 3 years ago.

-
Back