TTI Headers on Early A's & the starter situation

-

DJVCUDA

Reaction score
OK - Talked to TTI today and they claim I would not need a $300 starter if I have a 124 tooth ring gear - the 130 tooth needs it -

I counted the friggin teeth and it's 124 - it's a 1968 904 and a dynamic 9.5" converter

My question is - does anyone have any experience with this? WHat can you share with the class??

Thanks
Dave

I am running a 9.5" dynamic converter and TTI's. I just bought a Chrysler Mini starter from Autozone. No problems at all except when you remove it the transmission lines need to be pushed over to one side a little, but do not need to be removed..

news I wanted to hear!

last thing I wanted was to have starter trouble in the middle of nowhere and not be able to get one...

I am assuming your running a 904?

I'm a running a 4 sp with the large flywheel and had to grind a bit of the starter away to get to clear the TTI's. I have the Chrysler mini starter from a dakota.

I had to go with the &^%&^%^%&#%$#%$# expensive starter. You guys were lucky

I have a built 77 904 with a 8 inch Coan 4500 stall,I have a $40 ministarter from a 89 318 Dakota from the wreckers.Was the cheap way to go,it was a new/used starter and works great on the 410.:toothy10:

A starter from a 96 dakota 6 cyl from autozone will fit. It is the "mini" type, thats what I run on my 360 with dougs headers, great clearance.

The issue here is with TTI's. They are a ***** when it comes to the starter. Doesn't alppy to the other headers out there near as much.

Thanks guys - I thought it was a requirement to get the oddball starter.... no matter what.

Looks like stick cars have the trouble?

-
Back