TTI Headers with Pro Comp Speedmaster Heads

-

Raul

Reaction score
My '67 Barracuda with a 340 needs an upgrade on intake/exhaust. I've decided to go with the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake and want to get the TTI headers but when I called TTI, they said they have no knowledge what or if they would fit due to the Pro Comp Heads I've installed... Does anyone have TTI headers installed on Pro Comp heads and if so; Were they difficult to install without cutting out the car body? And how is the access for oil filter? Any modifications with the steering/chassis components ?

Last edited:
Unless they are a raised port exhaust, or have a non-standard port shape or bolt pattern a standard header should fit.

I don't have TTI's but I have Doug's and SpeedMaster/ProComp heads and it all bolted up fine. No issues accept with my power steering but that has to do with the Doug's and not the heads.

I don't have TTI's but I have Doug's and SpeedMaster/ProComp heads and it all bolted up fine. No issues accept with my power steering but that has to do with the Doug's and not the heads.
So do you think with manual steering, I shouldn't have any issues? Did you install them yourself? and did you notice substantial power increase?

I doubt you'll have any issues with the manual box/column. My issues were the steering coupler was going to hit the back tube. I fixed it with a Flaming River B-Body tilt column kit that comes with a u-joint and the column allows for 3/4" of travel

I have not driven the car yet as I'm in the finishing stages of a TKO swap. I installed the heads myself. I bought them bare and had Mike and MRL build them.

I doubt you'll have any issues with the manual box/column. My issues were the steering coupler was going to hit the back tube. I fixed it with a Flaming River B-Body tilt column kit that comes with a u-joint and the column allows for 3/4" of travel

I have not driven the car yet as I'm in the finishing stages of a TKO swap. I installed the heads myself. I bought them bare and had Mike and MRL build them.

So I bought the Doug's. DID you install them yourself? How long did it take to install? Did ypu have to shim the motor mounts at all for clearance issues? How is the ground clearance? Any pointers you might give me with installation?

Here are some pics of my engine compartment
20170921_183748.jpg
20170921_183817.jpg
20170921_183831.jpg
t

-
Back