Tube Chassis Hemi Dart Project

-

2010RamTruck

Arkham Asylum Debate Team
Reaction score
I just wanted to share some photos and progress reports on my 1971 Dodge Dart. In 2000 I purchased a very good running 6 cylinder Dart here in Austin, Texas and took it home. It was gold with a black vinyl top, black interior, and bone stock. I have taken many pictures using my trusty 35mm camera but only recently did I have access to my wife's new digital camera. The early photos I have are taken by some buddies who stopped by the shop and took them. A good friend of mine who used to build Comp Eliminator and Pro Stock cars for the Nickens Bros. worked for Todd Bevis in Tyler, TX and then struck out on his own. He has done all of the design layout of the chassis for my car and all of the expert tig welding. I did all the cutting up of the car, cut and fit all of the roll cage tubing, cut and fit the headers, and in general did all of the grunt work including final assembly. Another good friend sprayed the car PPG black while I did all of the sanding and body work. I am almost finished and hope to fire the big 528 Hemi by June 1. More pics to come in the next few days. Thanks

Attachments

• hemirideheight.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 3,438
  • hemi0024.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,702
  • hemi0016.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 2,690
  • hemi0009.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 2,651
  • hemi0008.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 2,702
  • hemirearglassview.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,730
  • hemiearly2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 3,150
  • hemiearly.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 4,054
  • hemirearendmockup2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2,663
  • hemirearendmockup.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2,756
That thing is crazy Bad azz!!!! I really hate all you guy's with that much talent.
Great Job.

Wow! Beautiful work so far. 528" Hemi and 2 nitrous bottles? What's the name of this project? Overkill? Or Terminal Velocity?
Gotta see more progess pics!!!

Wow! Beautiful work so far. 528" Hemi and 2 nitrous bottles? What's the name of this project? Overkill? Or Terminal Velocity?
Gotta see more progess pics!!!
Thanks ocdart. At this point I would have to say the project name is "Over Budget!"

Thanks skypower. You still gonna run a Hemi in your Cuda?

Yep it's at the engine builders now not anything like yours though. Stock motor .045 over 9.5 comp,eagle rods, dimond pistons, stock cast heads with just the chambers blended and a custom ground hydrolic cam. Should make a nice street motor to run with the 4 speed and 4.56 gears.

Wow, nothing like the best of everything! It should be a blast to drive, and safe. Love it, and look forward to following the progress.

MAN OH MAN!!!!! I'm with Skypower all you guy's SUCK except your CAR'S :) Man I sure love the way it sits exactly what I want if I ever grow up and get a job that would let me build something like that ("Meaning a wife that would let me build that" :(") :) great build so far keep the pics a coming.

Brad

I just wanted to share some photos and progress reports on my 1971 Dodge Dart. In 2000 I purchased a very good running 6 cylinder Dart here in Austin, Texas and took it home. It was gold with a black vinyl top, black interior, and bone stock. I have taken many pictures using my trusty 35mm camera but only recently did I have access to my wife's new digital camera. The early photos I have are taken by some buddies who stopped by the shop and took them. A good friend of mine who used to build Comp Eliminator and Pro Stock cars for the Nickens Bros. worked for Todd Bevis in Tyler, TX and then struck out on his own. He has done all of the design layout of the chassis for my car and all of the expert tig welding. I did all the cutting up of the car, cut and fit all of the roll cage tubing, cut and fit the headers, and in general did all of the grunt work including final assembly. Another good friend sprayed the car PPG black while I did all of the sanding and body work. I am almost finished and hope to fire the big 528 Hemi by June 1. More pics to come in the next few days. Thanks

Outstanding looking.... I love it.... :thumblef:

i want that rear end. hell there is more in that rear end than in my whole car right now.

that thing is a thing of beauty. keep up the great work.

i want that rear end. hell there is more in that rear end than in my whole car right now.

that thing is a thing of beauty. keep up the great work.
Thanks 03Ramit1. When I first ordered the rear from Mark Williams I sat and stared at it for hours in disbelief. It is their modular 9", 4.10 Richmond pro gear which has been lightened, lightened steel spool, 3.812 big bore center section, 40 spline superlight gun drilled axles that have been pocket milled on the flanges, billet pinion yoke.

perfect teaser Hemidart528.....now we're all hooked!

we are eagerly awaiting updates................................

Mopar to ya'

Denny

This sounds a little different............but your rearend kinda gives me a stiffy!!

Great stance

I must be gettin old:sad9:That's the kinda rear I like lookin at:munky2:

That rear is like a starting point for a whole car.Nitrous is like a women,if you don't play with it right,will come and bite you HARD.I have scars:-D

Attachments

• 112-1236_IMG.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 2,212
  • 112-1232_IMG.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 2,409
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. HEMI-ITIS, looks like your investment in AN fittings and steel braided hose is like mine--wallet busting! Hemi looks awesome with that blower.

HEMI-ITIS--are you using the SV1 carbs yet? If so, how do you like them? I already had purchased my 1050 Dominator from Bill Mitchell way before the SV1's came out. Thanks

While I'm waiting for some other pics to be extracted from my wife's camera, here is a before and after picture of the Hemi. It's a 528 with a 4.500 bore Megablock, MP aluminum ported heads, Eagle 4.15 crank, Eagle rods, Wiseco pistons, Manton push rods, Crane nitrous roller cam, Comp Cams roller lifters, Milodon gear drive, ATI balancer, Charlie's fabricated funny car oil pan, Aerospace Components vacuum pump, MSD coil, Indy dominator intake with valley cover, Moroso sheet metal valve covers, Taylor 10mm wires, NOS Pro Shot fogger system, Bill Mitchell prepped 1050 Dominator carb, and 2 1/4" headers we built in the shop that do not drop below the frame. Big Dave at the Cylinder Head Shop in Austin gets the credit for building this beast for me. He builds alot of alcohol and top fuel boat Hemi's for several IHBA boat racers.

Attachments

• hemi0007.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 2,202
  • hemi00037.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 2,228
Couple of pics showing the Ed Quay wing being fitted. I am going to cover it in a carbon fiber vinyl wrap soon as the car gets near completion and will post pics when its done.

Attachments

• pics0016.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 2,192
  • pics0017.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,164
-
Back