Tuned up the slanty!!

-

FURY440

Reaction score
I decided to tune up the 225 today at the shop. This was a little different than your adverage tune up. Started off with the basics, spark plugs, wires, points, condenser, cap, rotor, fuel filter.
Then warmed it up to operating temp, popped the valve cover off and adjusted the valve lash. It was tapping pretty bad and some were off by a lot. Fired it up and it sounds and runs great. Adjusted the timing, but not done yet,..rebuilt the carb also!!! Ran good before, but much much better now. Glad I spent the time on it. Oil change tomorrow.

I decided to tune up the 225 today at the shop. This was a little different than your adverage tune up. Started off with the basics, spark plugs, wires, points, condenser, cap, rotor, fuel filter.
Then warmed it up to operating temp, popped the valve cover off and adjusted the valve lash. It was tapping pretty bad and some were off by a lot. Fired it up and it sounds and runs great. Adjusted the timing, but not done yet,..rebuilt the carb also!!! Ran good before, but much much better now. Glad I spent the time on it. Oil change tomorrow.
Always nice when everything comes together. Really nice when you get it all done before the sun goes down!

Love to here good news . It keeps us going . BTW do you have any Ramcharger rims left ? I am looking for one . Thanks , Tom

Love to here good news . It keeps us going . BTW do you have any Ramcharger rims left ? I am looking for one . Thanks , Tom

I'm sorry, the 2 I have are going on the Valiant when I convert to big bolt pattern. If I hear anything I'll PM you. This is the look I'm going for in the end..!!
ebay981136.jpg

My 1969 slant idled like crap for decades, stalling when leaving stop lights and such. That was thru many major changes, various mechanics, ~3 carbs, and finally even after a whole new long-block. Tried a 4th Holley 1920 carb and it purred like a kitten and was such a joy to drive then. Sometimes one small thing can make a major difference. Strange no mechanics could figure it out.

My 1969 slant idled like crap for decades, stalling when leaving stop lights and such. That was thru many major changes, various mechanics, ~3 carbs, and finally even after a whole new long-block. Tried a 4th Holley 1920 carb and it purred like a kitten and was such a joy to drive then. Sometimes one small thing can make a major difference. Strange no mechanics could figure it out.

I hear ya. Eventually I'm going with a Weber 38MM gear drive. We have installed a lot of these on Older Land Cruisers inline 6's and it's like night and day how they run. It's a really nice setup and are very responsive carbs.
47-2743-0-big.jpg

-
Back