turbo build/ mild restore

-
Dakota logs wont fit with power steering? Can you go manual? R&P is doable but lots of work but that doesn't seem to get in your way! Everyone does forward R&P, why not try a rear mount? Seems it would be less fabbing and no spindle flipping.

My ram/dakota manifold fits on the driver side with very minor grinding on the manifold right a the top of the hex shaped part of the manual steering box. I am changing the factory steering coupler to a u-joint style ($30) because there is no way for the widest part of the factory one to rotate that close to the manifold. I did try grinding the manifold for clearance before buying the u-joint, but put a hole in the manifold before i had enough room.

I ordered the aje rack and pinion conversion kit. So hopefully that fixes he issue.

You're making good progress!
I got my manual steering box to clear the reversed Dakota manifold by shimming that side up about 1/2" and replacing the coupler with a universal one as j.mcconnel mentioned. It's tight, but clears and my car is an Early A with an even more narrow engine bay.

You're making good progress!
I got my manual steering box to clear the reversed Dakota manifold by shimming that side up about 1/2" and replacing the coupler with a universal one as j.mcconnel mentioned. It's tight, but clears and my car is an Early A with an even more narrow engine bay.
Even if I could get it to clear the turn down flange ends up hitting the power steering pump.

Just a thought you have some good skills with a welder why not make your own manifolds and just make a log style for the header to turbo.

Even if I could get it to clear the turn down flange ends up hitting the power steering pump.
I know. You would need to ditch the power steering setup and put in a manual box to make it work.

Just a thought you have some good skills with a welder why not make your own manifolds and just make a log style for the header to turbo.

I thought about it, might happen down the road.

Nice build , I see you are using the fitech fuel injection. I'm interested to see how it works. I was looking at it, but wasn't sure what to do. Keep use posted how it works.

Nice build , I see you are using the fitech fuel injection. I'm interested to see how it works. I was looking at it, but wasn't sure what to do. Keep use posted how it works.

Will do, I haven't had a chance to drive with it yet, but it did fire up and it idle perfect after 2 cranks and around 2 minutes of the fitech self adjusting.

Just a few updates. Getting the front end put back together. Go the bov and the intercooler piping done. Got the passenger side brakes installed.

I'm definitely looking forward to how the FiTech works with the Turbo set. I have yet to see anyone apply forced induction to one of their Fitech set ups.

I'm definitely looking forward to how the FiTech works with the Turbo set. I have yet to see anyone apply forced induction to one of their Fitech set ups.

Look at their page. They have a roots setup and a procharger setup.

I'm waiting on some parts right now so I can finish the build, when they show up and I get them installed I will let you know how it works.

I'm definitely interested how the turbo works with the fitech! Car looks great! I think those lights look pretty cool myself! I bought my dad some green neons for the inside of his scoops on his lime green dart.

I just noticed the black bumpers. They look great as well!!! I'm guessing you painted them yourself? Did you have to remove the chrome, and if so how? I was want to do that to my dart, but didn't know what to do with the mirrors, since they have brand new chrome on them.

I just noticed the black bumpers. They look great as well!!! I'm guessing you painted them yourself? Did you have to remove the chrome, and if so how? I was want to do that to my dart, but didn't know what to do with the mirrors, since they have brand new chrome on them.

sanded them then primed with self etching primer.

Ok, thank you very much!!! I was not sure if I needed to sand blast them.

Can powder coat them as well just a thought. I did my 67 darts and they turned out very nice. Just a thought

Anyone know whats the best cam to use for force inductions?

Thats probably the way to go.

For both bumpers and front frame on the vent window, and the panels on the kick panel cost me $120 in the extreme chrome color, if I just did black would have been cheaper.

-
Back