turbo for a 273

-

Hipo65

Yeah I'm "That Guy"
Reaction score
Just kicking some ideas around (bench racing) ive got the o.e. HX35w off my 95 cummins 12v & wondering if I did the 60mm up grade to the compresser & got an exhaust housing for a 1st get cummins if it be enoph to work on a 273? The exhaust housing is 21 cm vs the 12cm thats on there now so it qould help the ol diesel spool. & run a good sized external wastgate. For an rpm limit of 5000 -5500 a 60mm would be close id think. Thoughts?

So I take it from the 96 views & no relays im not even close then??? Would a pair of garret T-3's off of 2.2l chryslers be a better choice? Being its a higher comp 273 id halfta intercool it for sure & keep boost about 5 psi or so on pump gas. Thoughts?

IIRC, I was thinking about turbo charging my 273 a year or so ago. I believe pishta and I were talking about it and IIRC an HX35 should be good.

I was also gonna do the holset 60mm upgrade to the hx35 as well from 58 mm to 60 mm its pretty easy to do & not very expensive. I did it my 5.9 cummins works well.

im runnin the hx35 on my slant. comes in a little late. should be just about perfect on a 273. what kinda boost are you planning on running?

IIRC, the Roadkill guys use it on their Chevy V6 Rotsun, too.

They did use a garret off a power-choke. Being I have higher comp anyway I think 5-7 psi will be about it for me even with an intercooler.

Darn maybe I should dig the '73 outta the garage and build it!!

-
Back