Turn a small drill press into a Bore/ Hone. Bolt it to the top of your engine block & do your own machining .

-
This stuff reminds me of some of the ideas I came up with as a teenager. Then I went to engineering school and realized I didn't (and still don't) know jack ****... funny how that works. "The more you learn the more you realize how little you know." Dunning-Kruger effect.

At the very least go buy yourself some books on machining, they have things that Google or YouTube won't teach you. In fact, most books do...

Send me your email abdywgn and I will know how to get the bore head picture and info to you, if you want? Still haven't figured out how to import to this forum yet. I can do emails and send pictures from my phone to different places thats bout it.,

At the very least go buy yourself some books on machining, they have things that Google or YouTube won't teach you. In fact, most books do...
The most comprehensive reference book you can buy:

1683049901144.jpeg

I don't know about drill press, if was to try this I'd make something that bolts in mains and one for the deck so it's supported at both ends and had adjustments that allowed a long bar to be centered, then rig up some kind of feed to the bar/cutter.

I hate to discourage anyone trying to build make engineer some mechanical devise, however in this instance unless the OP has extensive machine shop experience, he would be better served to at least listen to the advise offered
I did a little research on this subject and came upon a guy who honed cylinders oversized. He stated it took 15 minutes to take off one thousandth's of a inch, so do the math on the time involved
Another video I came across was a guy who was fabricating something that would hold a bushing in a steel plate that I thought was 1/2 thick
He used a hole saw in a drill press than used a boring head to get it to the size needed
The problem was and I would ask the OP the same question was chatter with the boring head being used in a drill press
This guy made the hole and I assume was able to press the bushing in but the finish of the bore was really rough
No way would this work on a cylinder
So my questions for the OP is, #1 what will you do about chatter with the boring head
#2 whats the run out of the drill press spindle

I hate to discourage anyone trying to build make engineer some mechanical devise, however in this instance unless the OP has extensive machine shop experience, he would be better served to at least listen to the advise offered
I did a little research on this subject and came upon a guy who honed cylinders oversized. He stated it took 15 minutes to take off one thousandth's of a inch, so do the math on the time involved
Another video I came across was a guy who was fabricating something that would hold a bushing in a steel plate that I thought was 1/2 thick
He used a hole saw in a drill press than used a boring head to get it to the size needed
The problem was and I would ask the OP the same question was chatter with the boring head being used in a drill press
This guy made the hole and I assume was able to press the bushing in but the finish of the bore was really rough
No way would this work on a cylinder
So my questions for the OP is, #1 what will you do about chatter with the boring head
#2 whats the run out of the drill press spindle
Will get back to you on that, when I do the trial run and post pictures. But I will leave you with the question, do you think all boring heads are make with the same material?

l already found the part I need to complete my *Drill Press Bore/Hone*....but you block heads Arent gonna get any pictures til I assemble my/the TOOL when the parts get the to me in the mail..bout month . Faith is a wonderful thing.
Let me guess you bought it on WISH

This guy wants to teach the teachers..?
We would have to be interested in doing it wrong 1st. Ever so often somebody comes over here with a real YouTube kind of idea ...where they bask in hillbilly shade tree glory when it actually runs.
Yeah... That'll show'em..fk dem macheen shops ...n t'ell wiff tham boring baars.
it' s just a combo of somebody's ego and being cheap. Why they always have to come on a site ,get butt hurt ,and then talk like.." I'll show you"...
Good buddy ...you ain't showing anybody. Go enjoy your motor or your car, or whatever the hell it is and be happy without approval from us or any "teachers".

This guy wants to teach the teachers..?
We would have to be interested in doing it wrong 1st. Ever so often somebody comes over here with a real YouTube kind of idea ...where they bask in hillbilly shade tree glory when it actually runs.
Yeah... That'll show'em..fk dem macheen shops ...n t'ell wiff tham boring baars.
it' s just a combo of somebody's ego and being cheap. Why they always have to come on a site ,get butt hurt ,and then talk like.." I'll show you"...
Good buddy ...you ain't showing anybody. Go enjoy your motor or your car, or whatever the hell it is and be happy without approval from us or any "teachers".
I think maybe your evil nature, Pride is killing you, your not gonna cry when I finish my project and post pictures ,are you?

You come on here and ask for input. You basically ignore all of it, despite the advice of some very knowledgeable and experienced people. Despite knowing nothing about the subject, you decide you know better than people with decades of experience. Therefore, you are not looking for advice or guidance, you are either simply another troll looking to stir the pot, or one of the most self-important people I've run into in a looong time. The laws of physics will bow to your faith in a golden cow. Have fun throwing your money away, you could have used it to do some good in this world.

I like the post hole digger idea.
have we figured out how we're gonna surface the heads and trim the domes.
Yeah a bandsaw.
I mean ... he could use table top 6" bench sander to do it... but nah... that wouldn't be as hard nor risky. He could just buy an old school boring bar.. they're on eBay last I looked ,but nah.. let's transform the bench press into something else than what it's designed to do and cross our fingers . ..and that's fine , be can do it..but **** ..when I see this "i'm going to teach the teacher's" **** and the sore comebacks I'm reading? ****'em.

I think maybe your evil nature, Pride is killing you, your not gonna cry when I finish my project and post pictures ,are you?
Mystery poster 'probably another member been on here under a different name'..
Please...do as you wish . Post as many pictures as you like too.. I'm not interested. In the end you might have something everybody else has ...just a lesser accurate version of it.. celebration time huh .

Next this idiot will be introducing us to..
"honing with a pogo stick.....
...up your ***"
Is he going to reveal to us his name is Bobby? Is this bjr? You going to tap your rocker studs to 3/8 on your drill press next?

Try to use a drill press spindle with a 4 inch boring bar the tool with jump around and chatter like crazy. Please don’t waste any decent mopar blocks if you ever try it. Use a Chevy or ford, they are softer anyways

Will get back to you on that, when I do the trial run and post pictures. But I will leave you with the question, do you think all boring heads are make with the same material?
Are you referring to a boring head or stones to hone cylinder's ? The chatter when using a drill press of any type is my question. I do not doubt that it's not impossible to construct a home made boring bar. I have complete confidence that the machinist I knew who BTW had a stellar reputation, could fabricate one. But the question is why? When does practicality come into play? I dont know if your a machinist and understand machine shop theory or a experienced engine builder but there is a lot of factors needed to be considered
I dont mean to piss on anyones parade and good luck but that Van Norm boring bar someone offered you for 2500 was reasonable and the way to go

Next this idiot will be introducing us to..
"honing with a pogo stick.....
...up your ***"
Is he going to reveal to us his name is Bobby? Is this bjr? You going to tap your rocker studs to 3/8 on your drill press next?

Oh man haven't heard that name in a while, that's going way back! "I open up the exhaust ports on a 318 head and put in larger exhaust valves but leave the intakes alone because it helps cylinder filling something something blah blah..."
Then sends a guy a pair of "worked" heads that look like they were thrown off a cliff.

-
Back