turn sig. light grounds

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
installing my grill after a under hood painting. I have 2 ground wires on my front parking/turn sig. lights but i don,t know were they were bolted up at or what bolts look like .als

20090924_107.jpg

i'm looking for the holes in the rad support but cant see them...should be some sheet metal type screws with 5/16 head...

Looks great, all new and shiny!! If I am grounding a wire through paint I use tooth lock washers between the connector and the ground surface. The teeth will dig into the paint and provide a good ground without doing major damage.
toolmanmike

pictures of my 69, i don't know if they are the same. i believe on the side of the car where the battery was they used the same ground as they did for the battery on the core support

leftblinkerground.jpg

rightblinkerground.jpg

The internal toothed washers actually caused a problem for Fords. They used one at the battery cable to engine block connection. When the washer was sometimes placed between the cable terminal and the cast block there would be only 8 tiny contacts. Lots of vehicles would come in with intermittent no start. Rarely could we recreate the no start. I got a few in that had already been to other dealerships and had the starter replaced. To fix the problem, simply move the toothed washer to between the wire terminal and bolt head. Happy motoring.

Right you are Redfish! Starter or engine to chassis grounds need all the surface contact they can get. I remember helping a friend with his race car. It was fresh out of the paint shop. We relocated the battery to the trunk. The engine wouldn't crank until we scraped the paint off the trunk striker where the ground wire was attached. I learned my lesson there. Toolmanmike

My Demon is an 8/71 build and only has this ground from the harness on the driver side...? There should be a threaded hole where the arrow is pointing and we mounted the ground there from the engine side of the core support. I am not positive about the location being "show judge" correct.....Hope this helps.

Core Support.jpg

-
Back